none
Could not find Feature DataConnectionLibrary

    Question

  • Hi,

     

    I have taken a backup of a site using Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer and try to restore the back on an other server but I get the error "Could not find Feature DataConnectionLibrary"?

     

    Thnaks for your anticaption.

     

    Tuesday, August 14, 2007 11:12 PM

All replies

  • Hi there,


    Just curious but did you ever get a response or resolution to this? I've discovered I'm recieving the same exact error.

     

    Thanks,

     

    - Nestor

    Monday, August 27, 2007 8:37 PM
  • Your site is using a feature that needs to have the Data Connection Library .
    I think your site may be having Infopaht Forms. Please enable the relevant
    settings at the site connection level.

    Pls check the following url how to enable settings for Infopath Forms
    http://dotnetbuzz.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F3599E60D988EEB0!249.entry

    The SPD(Site|Administration|Backup Site tool) is not the recommended way to
    do a back-up recovery. I'd recommend you to use Central Administration
    back-up recovery / SQL servery way of back-up recovery. Pls check the
    following urls for that

    http://dotnetbuzz.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F3599E60D988EEB0!279.entry
    http://dotnetbuzz.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F3599E60D988EEB0!267.entry

     

    Pls let me know whether this helps !!!
    Tuesday, August 28, 2007 2:21 AM
  • Hi

     

    It seam that I have the same issue but I really dont use Infopath in my sharepoint site

     

    Any Idea
    Wednesday, September 12, 2007 5:01 PM
  • The InfoPath comment is misleading. I'm encountering the same problem and my site has nothing to do with InfoPath (it's a wiki site).

    In my case I'm trying to move from a test/junk box (running Enterprise) onto production (running Standard). I'm still looking into this, but it appears this is the problem. I'll check back in if I find a good solution -Peter
    Monday, November 19, 2007 8:28 PM
  • I've worked around the problem. Here are the steps I took:

    1. Run stsadm -o export on the wiki site to a file, let's call this "bustedexport.cab"
    2. Using Windows XP, extract all the files inside the CAB into a folder. Let's call this "c:\bustedexport\"
    3. Delete the original CAB file. We won't need it any more if all goes well.
    4. Edit the Requirements.xml file with Notepad (or other text editor).
    5. Find the line with "DataConnectionLibrary", delete that entire node. Save the file and exit Notepad.
    6. REBUILD the CAB using MAKECAB.EXE (you might to search for the CAB SDK to get it and for full documentation). One gotcha I found with this was that it was excluding my largest file (the manifest.xml file). I'll include the DDF file template I used below for your benefit--it worked for me.
    7. Copy the generated CAB file (let's call it generated.cab) onto the destination server. You're ready to run an import!
    8. Run stsadm -o import on generated.cab. I noticed a warning (but not an error!). SUCCESS

    DDF file (everything in purple (or whatever color this is) should be changed):
    .OPTION EXPLICIT     ; Generate errors
    .Set CabinetNameTemplate=YOURFILENAME.cab      
    .set DiskDirectoryTemplate=CDROM ; All cabinets go in a single directory
    .set Compress=OFF
    .Set UniqueFiles="OFF"
    .Set Cabinet=on
    .Set DiskDirectory1=YOURFILENAME.CAB
    .Set MaxDiskSize=1024000000
    [[list of all files, just the filenames, e.g. "manifest.xml" on a line all by itself. I generated this list with a PowerShell command]]

    Monday, November 19, 2007 9:53 PM
  • Bah, after all that above, I've found the real solution. You have to deactivate the DataConnectionLibrary feature on your site before exporting it. The DataConnectionLibrary feature is invisible so you can't do this through the UI, you'll have to do this via stsadm:


    stsadm -o deactivatefeature -name DataConnectionLibrary -url [[YOUR-SPECIFIC-WEB-URL-HERE]] -force


    That's much more straightforward than CAB/XML hacking.
    Monday, November 19, 2007 10:12 PM
  • Thank you for the reply. I wish I could try out your solution but the sysadmins at my job are freaky paranoid and do allow any stsadmin commands to be run without their approval.  I don't suppose there's a way to do this from designer?

     

    -bill

    Wednesday, November 21, 2007 12:06 AM
  • You can do how they did to me (I am an admin here) and just ask them to move the site. Then when they have problems doing so (because of the problems I've outlined above), you can point them to this thread Smile

     

     

    There is no way you can deactivate the Feature without running a stsadm command.

    Wednesday, November 21, 2007 1:07 PM
  • Hello PSeale,

    I'm also trying to edit my manifest.xml of my export. But when I rebuild my CAB file and run it again, no xml files were found? Can you help me with that?

    Greez,

    Mark
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 1:47 PM
  • This thread is over a year old.

    You'd be much better off posting a new question and subject than trying 15 months after the previous post to jump onto this one.

    WSS FAQ sites: WSS 2.0: http://wssv2faq.mindsharp.com WSS 3.0 and MOSS 2007: http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com
    Total list of WSS 3.0 and MOSS 2007 Books (including foreign language titles) http://wss.asaris.de/sites/walsh/Lists/WSSv3%20FAQ/V%20Books.aspx
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 1:49 PM
  • Sorry for that....I'll start a new threat.
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 1:50 PM
  • Thank you for the solution, PSeale.

    This solution worked for me, I used the -nofilecompression switch as part of export/import operations to avoid having to use makecab.exe

    Let me know if there are any questions.


    Steve Thomas
    Monday, September 26, 2011 2:32 PM