none
SharePoint 2016 Online Information List out of sync RRS feed

• Question

• Sorry, I know this is probably the wrong place to post but I'm getting a little desperate!

I haven't been able to find an answer online yet:

I'm adding users to SP Security Groups but they aren't updating on the Information List so users keep getting the Request Access page when then click on a link.

First and most important how can fix this and secondly why did it happen?

Thanks

Monday, September 16, 2019 3:10 PM

All replies

• Hi darrenfloyd666, 

If the link have unique permission(Stop Inheriting Permissions), even the user has permission on the site, the user cannot access to the link. 

Make sure the user has permission on the link. you can use "Check permission" to check permission for the user.

Besides,you can navigate the user information list to check whether the user exists in it. 

The User Information List can be accessed via the browser by navigating to "_layouts/16/people.aspx?MembershipGroupId=0" from your site.

eg: http://site collection/_layouts/16/people.aspx?MembershipGroupId=0

Customize permissions for a SharePoint list or library for your reference:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/customize-permissions-for-a-sharepoint-list-or-library-02d770f3-59eb-4910-a608-5f84cc297782

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 2:40 AM
  • Hi Lisa

I can see that the user is in the right group. See Screen Grab below, but they aren't in the Information List, which is what I think is causing the Access Issue. 

How can I get the user into the Information List so that they can gain access 

I've also checked the permissions for BH and I get the following, could the list of Denys be affecting access? I thought the Contribute would be fine. 

The odd thing is I've just checked with a different use if they have read access to a list a gave them access to and they have EVEN though they haven't got an entry on the Information List? 
    • Edited by darrenfloyd666 Tuesday, September 17, 2019 9:29 AM Additional information
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 8:58 AM
  • Hi darrenfloyd666, 

From the picture you offered, it indicates you deny user permission from CA.

Navigate to CA->Application management->choose the web application (contains the site collection), click user policy->make sure you have not deny permission for the user:

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 10:23 AM
  • Thanks Lisa. I think I may almost be there with your help! Just can't find Application Management. I'm using SharePoint Online and these are the choices I've got:

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 10:42 AM
  • Hi darrenfloyd666, 

Run the following PowerShell with SharePoint online management Powershell:

Set-SPOSite -Identity https://<yourdomain>.sharepoint.com -DenyAddAndCustomizePages $false

For more detailed information, refer to the following articles:

https://www.qdoscc.com/blog/sharepoint-o365-permissions-deny-add-and-customise-pages-issue

http://anujabhojani.blogspot.sg/2015/09/permission-denied-for-add-and-customize.html

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 10:58 AM
  • This is to gain access to Application Management? 
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 11:02 AM
  • Hi darrenfloyd666,

Are you sure you are working on SharePoint online? 

You said SharePoint 2016. Please offer a screenshot about your site. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 11:30 AM
  • Yes definitely Online. I couldn't see a SharePoint Online forum on here. Where would I find the User Policy link on SP Online? Here's some screen gabs of the site in question:

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 11:39 AM
  • I'm thinking would a workaround be to invite the users using alternative email addresses? 
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 1:04 PM
  • Hi darrenfloyd666, 

You can invite the users using alternative email addresses and compare the results. 

Same issue post:

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/269465/external-user-gets-access-required-could-it-be-down-to-these-two-factors/269522#269522

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 9:59 AM
  • Hi darrenfloyd666, 

Is there anything update? 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Friday, September 20, 2019 10:22 AM
  • Hi darrenfloyd666, 

If a reply helps you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 8:34 AM