none
Sharepoint Search for Special Characters RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I am wondering if someone can help me out with this question re. searching special characters on Sharepoint.  We are using WSSv3, MOSS 2007.

We are using Sharepoint's document repository facilities to store hundreds of Word documents. We have the requirement to search for documents with a value of "40%" in the text.  When entering this text in the search box % is used as a LIKE. Unfortunately we have lots of documents containing the text "40" so cannot search for this alone to find our desired result.

Can anyone tell me how we can search for "40%" using the search box ?  And if possible show me the exact text that should be placed in the box.

I am guessing that it will be a case of using some exception character or using the value for % from an alternative character set but haven't been able to confirm exactly how to do this.  Of course maybe the crawl has a problem with special characters and I'll not be able to do such a search. That would be bad news. I'd really rather not have to write any code to get this to work and I am assuming it is something that someelse must have come across.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Gary.
    Friday, September 25, 2009 2:11 PM