Error message with Outlook on sending & receiving RRS feed

• Question

• Strange things happening with one of my e-mail addresses.  I have two set up on Outlook.  For some odd reason, one isn't connecting to the SMPT server.  I have checked the settings and they are identical to the other e-mail address which is working correctly.   Gave up yesterday and then about 6 hours later all the e-mails started to come through.  It is a Yahoo Mail/BT Internet and I can access the e-mails via iPhone, iPad and also directly with Yahoomail.   Anybody any suggestions?  It's driving me insane.  I contacted BT and they say it is a Microsoft problem as I can access directly through their own service.I get a "Task 'Synchronizing subscrubed folders for xxxxx reported error 0x800CCC0E: Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for XXX.  Error: Cannot connect to the server.  If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider."

Saturday, December 30, 2017 10:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Does it work when you do a manual send/receive via pressing F9?

Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Based on my experience, virus scanner is always a possible cause of such an issue. You may try uninstalling the integration part of your virus scanner and try again. You can contact the support of the virus scanner for detailed steps.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, January 1, 2018 7:05 AM
  • Hello Dear,

Please refer to the below links and resolve the error "Task 'Synchronizing subscrubed folders for xxxxx reported error 0x800CCC0E: Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for XXX.  Error: Cannot connect to the server.  If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider."

http://www.article.msoutlooktools.com/howto/how-to-fix-microsoft-outlook-error-code-0x800ccc0e.html

http://www.pstrepairtool.org/blog/microsoft-outlook-error-0X800CCC0E.html

Thanks & Regards,

Kelvin Howard

Tuesday, January 2, 2018 5:26 AM