none
SharePoint 2019 - unable to open document via Office Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have Windows server 2019 where I am running SharePoint 2019 and on other server (Windows Server 2016) I have installed Office Online Server. When I open SharePoint on the server where is installed (Remote Desktop) and try to create or open office document via Office online, it works just fine. On the other hand, when I open it from my notebook (I am on the same network) and try to open Office document I got error in browser. It says: "Web pages on site: https://ipemikaoffice.sp2010.local/wv/wordviewerframe.aspx?ui=cs-CZ&rs=en-US&WOPISrc=http%3A%2F%2Fipemikasps2019%2F_vti_bin%2Fwopi%2Eashx%2Ffiles%2Fd7cb14b2a25e4d45b49fe76e16a8f378&wdEnableRoaming=1&mscc=1&hid=b742009f-62a8-a013-76e5-2ae781a93d0eare maybe temporary unavailable, or could have been transferred to a new web address. " (I translated it from my language)

I tried to disable Firewall on both servers - doesn' work. Next on SharePoint server I opened "SharePoint 2019 management shell" and set WOPI zone to External https - doesn't work either.

Does anyone has any experience with same/similar issue?

Thank you

Kind Regards

Jakub Hájek

Monday, September 2, 2019 12:45 PM

All replies

• Hi Jakub Hájek,

What’s the version of  explorer did you use to open the Office document? Please update to the latest version and check the result.

Delete the cache and cookies of the web browser and reboot the explorer again.

Or if you are using any antivirus, please disable it for a while for testing purpose.

If you use the Chrome explorer, there is a blog for your reference:

FIX: the webpage might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently error

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 9:05 AM
  • Hello Grace,

thank you for your advice. After few hours of dealing with this problem I found solution. I exported SP certificate from SP server and imported to my local pc. After that it starts working. 

Kind Regards 

Jakub Hájek

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 11:41 AM
  • Hi Jakub Hájek,

Thanks for your sharing!

You can mark your post as answer to help other community members to find this information quickly.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 1:33 AM
  • Hi Jakub Hájek,

Is there any update?

You can mark it as answer to help make others who stuck with the similar issue easier to search for valid solutions in this forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Monday, September 9, 2019 8:15 AM