Hyper-V Replication - Failed to Enable RRS feed

• Question

• I have successfully gotten three VMs to enable replication; but on my next VM I keep getting the same error message when I try to enable replication.

"Hyper-V failed to enable replication for virtual machine 'IPAM': The operation timed out (0x00002EE2)."

Nothing has changed since I enabled replication for the other VMs, and I am at a loss as to why this VM is having issues.

The only odd thing I have noticed is on the DR node, Hyper-V creates the VM and creates the cluster resource role for the VM but never adds the VM to the resource role.

I have gone through the "Understanding and Troubleshooting guide for Hyper-V Replica" but that has not helped identify the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 10:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your post.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue.

Lawrence

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 8, 2012 7:15 AM
  • Hi Chas,

Could you please help export and import the VM firstly and check the result? Thanks.

Kevin Ni

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, November 12, 2012 7:14 AM
  • Any update? Thanks.

Kevin Ni

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:36 AM
  • I was able to successfully export and then import the VM, but i get the same error when trying to enable replication.
    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:39 PM
  • Hi,

Could you please upload Hyper-V event logs are found in the Event Viewer under Applications and Service Logs\Microsoft\Windows to a public space such as skydrive. There are eleven event logs related to Hyper-V:

• Hyper-V Config
    • Hyper-V-High-Availability
    • Hyper-V-Hypervisor
    • Hyper-V-Integration
    • Hyper-V-SynthFC
    • Hyper-V-SynthNic
    • Hyper-V-SynthStor
    • Hyper-V-VID
    • Hyper-V-VMMS
    • Hyper-V-VmSwitch
    • Hyper-V-Worker

Monday, November 19, 2012 1:04 PM
  • I uploaded all the logs that had events in them.

http://sdrv.ms/XytXsH

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 10:16 PM
  • Hi Chas,

Thanks for your information.

After checking the MPS Report, error events 20100 and 21102 were recieved. If possible, I suggest we unjoin and re-join both nodes from Domain to have a test. Thanks.

Kevin Ni

Monday, January 14, 2013 6:45 AM
  • Hello

have you tried to delete the virtual machine, recreate it attach the vhd and enable replica ?

Regards

------------------------------------------------------- I understand a little computers.

Monday, January 14, 2013 5:37 PM
  • A little late to the party here but I experienced the same issue.

My solution was to add the firewall rule to allow the HTTP / HTTPS Hyper-V Listener on both machines. 

From powershell as an administrator the commands are as follows.  Enable HTTP is you are sending over port 80.  Enable HTTPS if you are sending using SSL.

Enable-Netfirewallrule -displayname "Hyper-V Replica HTTP Listener (TCP-In)" 
    Enable-NetFirewallRule -displayname "Hyper-V Replica HTTPS Listener (TCP-In)”

Cheers!

BrnM

• Proposed as answer by BrnM Wednesday, April 10, 2013 8:27 PM
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 8:27 PM
  • DISABLE THE FIREWALL

AND

CHANGE USER ACCOUNT CONTROL SETTING TO NEVER NOTIFY ... LEAST DOWN

ALL THE BEST

Thursday, April 18, 2013 2:13 PM
  • This worked for me. I had all of the other settings correct [I even had the windows firewall disabled], but until I ran these commands in PowerShell on each server I could not get replication to start.
    Saturday, September 21, 2013 1:40 AM
  • This worked for me. I had all of the other settings correct [I even had the windows firewall disabled], but until I ran these commands in PowerShell on each server I could not get replication to start.
    Had the same issue, turns out that the disk configuration (RAID 5, 3 spindles, 7.2k RPM) couldn't keep up with the initial sync so it would timeout and fail.  Moved to RAID 0 config to test and the replication is now successful.

Thursday, January 9, 2014 10:24 PM