none
How Do I Get The Reply/ReplyAll/Forward or Calendar buttons back to the left of an email message header? RRS feed

• Question

• A recent change to Outlook 365 caused these buttons to go from a convenient spot in the top-left of the email message header to the extreme top-right of the header. Very annoying.  How can I get these buttons back to the original location?  This affected more than just the Reply and Calendar button options, but I suspect correcting for one will correct for the rest.

I checked the Outlook options but didn't see anything that stood out.  Maybe there's a CTRL key combo that controls this? I've never seen this happen and hope there's a simple fix.

Thursday, August 22, 2019 10:28 PM

All replies

• I am not seeing this on my tenant users.

My outlook is update to date, I don't see a difference.

Only option I could think of is Touch mode in outlook causing confusion. 

Check this article to see if Touch mode is enabled in your outlook,

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/turn-touch-mode-on-or-off-90e162b1-44f9-434f-bc2b-9321c989ea6e

S_K_P

Friday, August 23, 2019 12:59 AM
  • Hi,

What's the detailed version of Office 365?

As far as I know, Office 365 has released a new look of ribbon. It changes these buttons to the right position. According to the Release notes, this feature first appears on version 1809 to try out new user experiences before they’re released.

Currently, users can adapt themselves to the new look. The aim of this change is to improve user experience.

If you have more concerns on this feature, I can help submit a feedback on Outlook user voice.

Thank you for your understanding and support!

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 23, 2019 3:08 AM
  • It's in Mouse-mode.   Never enabled touch-mode
    Friday, August 23, 2019 6:18 PM

The buttons moved positions earlier this week on their own.  Ugh.

Friday, August 23, 2019 6:23 PM

The buttons moved positions earlier this week on their own.  Ugh.

Maybe Office automatically installed some updates. I can understand your feelings but this new look has been released already. 

Thank you for your understanding and support~

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 26, 2019 4:32 AM
  • Yes, it's an Office update at some point.  At least give us the configurable option to move those buttons back to the left where it makes more sense from a UI efficiency standpoint.  Having those buttons locked to the right requires additional movement of eyes and the mouse on larger monitors to click on those buttons where the rest of the relevant email information is all on the left.
    Wednesday, August 28, 2019 5:24 PM
  • Thank you for your feedback here.

I'd like to recommend you visit the Outlook user voice forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/ to submit your ideas or concern.

Thank you for your understanding and support!

Regards,

Perry

Thursday, August 29, 2019 7:04 AM