none
Reusable content show in drop-down menu not working RRS feed

• Question

• I've been recommending reusable content since first learning about it in 2010.  But one thing has troubled me for many years is that un-checking the box for Show in Drop-down menu does not remove that item from the reusable content dropdown.  Is this an overlooked feature that was never implemented?   Are there additional steps that are required to make this work?

Friday, November 15, 2013 7:16 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Per my search & research, it is an known issue happen both in SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2013.

However, up to now there is no published fix to cover it. We will report it again to check whether there will be any updates on this.

Thank you for your reporting and understanding.

If you have any further question please feel free to reply.

Thanks

Victoria Xia
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by JasonGuo Sunday, November 24, 2013 10:09 AM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Per my search & research, it is an known issue happen both in SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2013.

However, up to now there is no published fix to cover it. We will report it again to check whether there will be any updates on this.

Thank you for your reporting and understanding.

If you have any further question please feel free to reply.

Thanks

Victoria Xia
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by JasonGuo Sunday, November 24, 2013 10:09 AM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:07 AM
  • If Microsoft is not going to fix it, is there any work around? I want to introduce reusable content feature to my users. But the drop-down-menu is not showing anything.
    Tuesday, December 1, 2015 2:10 AM