Automatically reject meeting requests outside of working hours, Outlook 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I keep getting meeting requests outside of my working hours, is it possible to set Outlook 2010 to automatically decline meeting requests that are outside of these hours? Or at least notify the person sending the meeting request?

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, January 26, 2012 12:04 PM

Answers

• You can't control it within outlook - if its a problem, create appointments for non-working time and mark them busy or OOF so people won't try to schedule appt at those times.

If you are on Exchange 2007 or 2010, the admin can set it using  Set-MailboxCalendarSettings cmdlet, specifically using ScheduleOnlyDuringWorkingHours

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
    Outlook Daily Tips | Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center
    Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook weekly newsletter
    • Marked as answer by Tony Chen CHN Wednesday, February 1, 2012 4:51 AM
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 2:56 AM

All replies

• Yes it is possible. There are many factors that cause this problem. Starting from the difference of time ending with the day-long event and that I discribet on Gallery Technet: How to set the reminder time for all-day events to other than the default 18hour

Oskar Shon, Office System MVP

Press if Helpful; Answer when a problem solved

Thursday, January 26, 2012 12:43 PM
  • Yes it is possible. There are many factors that cause this problem. Starting from the difference of time ending with the day-long event and that I discribet on Gallery Technet: How to set the reminder time for all-day events to other than the default 18hour

Sorry, not sure what you mean?

There is no problem, i want Outlook to reject all meeting requests outside of my working hours. Is that possible?

Thursday, January 26, 2012 1:06 PM
  • Sorry, I make test with script by rules, without success.

Common procedure, which would run was not to comfortable.

Monday, January 30, 2012 9:52 PM
  • You can't control it within outlook - if its a problem, create appointments for non-working time and mark them busy or OOF so people won't try to schedule appt at those times.

If you are on Exchange 2007 or 2010, the admin can set it using  Set-MailboxCalendarSettings cmdlet, specifically using ScheduleOnlyDuringWorkingHours

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
    Outlook Daily Tips | Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center
    Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook weekly newsletter
    • Marked as answer by Tony Chen CHN Wednesday, February 1, 2012 4:51 AM
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 2:56 AM