none
Change Active Server Database RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Team

I have a DAG  In exchange 2016 and a Database and Database copies . This a nez setup , no users created as of now

I want to change the activa database and eventually the copies database . Is there a Powershell command to do that or should i delete and start it all over?

Sunday, June 23, 2019 4:58 PM

All replies

• Exchange is built in the AD environment you setup, if you want to change to a new domain then might be easier to re-deploy.

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Sunday, June 23, 2019 5:58 PM
  • Hi,

Do you mean that you have new create a DAG, you wan to switch active copy from one Mailbox server to another?

If so, you can use command below to do it:

Move-ActiveMailboxDatabase DB3 -ActivateOnServer MBX4
    For more information about it, you can have a look about this article: Activate a mailbox database copy

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, June 24, 2019 7:40 AM
  • Hi mbey,

I am writing here to confirm with you how thing going now?

If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as an answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, June 28, 2019 7:16 AM