none
Specific display view for content type RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a calendar list with a custom content type. Created a display view using SPD and linked it to the custom content type. On the CT Forms Section I set the Display Form property with the path to the recently created display view. For adding and editing I'll use just the default views.

I created a new event based on the custom CT and everything goes well. Edit it, the same. View it and got an address unknown error. I checked if I could access the view form from Form Web Parts in the ribbon and I can.

Anyone knows what might be the problem here?

Thanks

Thursday, November 14, 2013 5:48 PM

Answers

• in terms of the views for the ctype , when you go ootb you can filter it based on the ctype.

after you do that , open the new view page in spd. look at the source of the page. then you ll understand wat am talking abt.

you definitely need to get the uls if you still cant figure it out.

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

Friday, November 15, 2013 2:23 PM

All replies

• first you have to set the default view via properties of the CT from SPD to point to the custom view.

secondly whats the error you get in ULS when you are trying to access the page?

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

Thursday, November 14, 2013 9:44 PM
  • Hi Jayara,

thanks a lot for your help. I don't have access to the ULS log so I can't give you that information, but what is returned on the window is a HTTP 400 error.

When you're saying I must set the custom view as the default for the CT, do you mean setting the path to the view on the Forms section of the CT?

Thanks

Friday, November 15, 2013 12:46 PM
  • in terms of the views for the ctype , when you go ootb you can filter it based on the ctype.

after you do that , open the new view page in spd. look at the source of the page. then you ll understand wat am talking abt.

you definitely need to get the uls if you still cant figure it out.

Friday, November 15, 2013 2:23 PM