none
Assigning SharePoint list by GPO, not showing in Outlook 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to push out a SP Calendar to all my Outlook 2010 clients.

I've installed the GPO pack, set it to the list, confirmed it with RSOP, but it doesn't show up.

I've tried both the URL and the STS:// URL asI heard that was a fix, but neither work.  RSOP shows it under the SharePoint List GPO but Outlook is blank.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 1:33 AM

Answers

• Hi Eric,

Unfortunately the URL that you get in the user interface does not work when deploying a SharePoint list.

Try these steps.

1.       Manually add the SharePoint list to your Outlook profile

2.       Exit Outlook

3.       Download MFCMapi from the following and install it on your client machine.

http://mfcmapi.codeplex.com/

4.       Start MFCMapi and click OK at the Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Editor window.

5.       At the menu, click Session | Logon and Display Store Table.

6.       Select an Outlook profile that configured to connect to your mailbox in Onlined mode only.  You should see something  similar to the window below.

7.          Double-click SharePoint Lists.

8.          Expand the tree to Root Container - Top of Personal Folders - <list name>

9.          Right-click <list name> and click Open Associated Contents Table

10.       Select the message where the "Subject" field matches the http: URL for the list.

11.       Locate the property on the message where "Named Prop Name" = 0x8A24

12.       Double-click this property and copy the stssync: value from the Ansi String edit box.

13.       Exit MFCMAPI.

14.       Use the value from step 12 when creating the "Default SharePoint Lists" policy

This should then deploy the SharePoint List to your users.

Regards, Teresa Microsoft Online Community Support Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, November 29, 2010 7:42 PM