OWA was working fine until recently. I do not recall any recent changes to the server, although im not the only admin who has access.
Anyway so I have checked active directory to ensure that the iwam and iuser accounts are setup correctly with the correct username/password. I then loaded IIS Manager and navigated to Exchweb, where I checked the authentication control settings, enabled anonymous access, and confirmed the user account and password for iusr, ensured nothing else was checked off, and then restarted IIS.
Below, in the subset of folders, I did notice that tbe "bin" file was set to disable anonymoust access, and use basic authentication. Otherwise it seems the other subfolders are set with the settings above.
I also confirmed that the accounts were not de-actived in AD.
OWA was working fine until recently, so initally I thought it might have been a password/account issue.
Also, it doesnt matter what browser or computer I use, I get the same error. From what I gather from my research, there can be many causes for this.
Can anyone think of anything? Perhaps a GPO setting? I did modify GPO settings for I.E. Cache size, and to enable RDP on the client machines, but nothing other than that. As I mentioned though im not the only admin for the system, so its possible that someone could have changed something without mentioning it to me.
C:\Inetpub\AdminScripts>adsutil SET w3svc/WAMUserPass <I Put Password Here> WAMUserPass : (STRING) "**********"
C:\Inetpub\AdminScripts>c:\windows\system32\cscript.exe "c:\inetpub\adminscripts \synciwam.vbs" -v Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.6 Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights reserved.
Microsoft is conducting an online survey to understand your opinion of the Technet Web site. If you choose to participate, the online survey will be presented to you when you leave the Technet Web site.