none
MS-Office 2013 on Citrix and TSE - suppress messages at startup

Question

• Hello all,

I have looked for threads in several forums, but I didn't find what I search.

I have updated Office 2010 to Office 2013 (uninstall 2010 the install 2013) on my servers (2008R2) and now the users received some messages when they start a published Office applications (especially Excel).

The first one is about "default program for viewing and editing spredsheets"

The second one is about "first things first, with update (managed by the servers, not the users), and "welcome" screens.

Do you know which registry/file(s) to "automatically check and close" these screens to use directly Excel ?

I have tried with Process Monitor, compared HKCU before and after, and I didn't find results.

Thanks a lot for your help

Jacques

Friday, November 10, 2017 2:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Jacques,

Is this the complete message that you are referring to for the first one?

“Microsoft Excel isn’t currently your default program for viewing and editing spreadsheets. Do you want to select file types that Excel should open?” 

It's usually an issue with the file type association. A simple repair from Control Panel should be able to fix this issue, which will re-register all the settings.

Are you using a C2R version of Office, or a MSI version? It would be great if you can share the complete message of the second one mentioned above.

For the "First things first" prompt, please try the following registry:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Registration]
    "AcceptAllEulas"=dword:00000001

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 13, 2017 9:12 AM
  • Hi,

How is it going?

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Sunday, November 19, 2017 7:51 AM