none
Deploy the custom style sheet to the master page RRS feed

• Question

• I have four team sites under the site collection. What I have done with the custom css now is adding the following line  for each master page site.

<SharePoint:SoapDiscoveryLink runat="server"/>	
    	<strong><link href="/PathToCss" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /></strong>
    	<asp:ContentPlaceHolder id="PlaceHolderAdditionalPageHead" runat="server"/>

This works fine now, but if I have more team sites, I have to add this line manually every time. Does anyone have the idea to use Visual Studio to deploy the custom css to reflect all master pages?

Monday, June 6, 2011 4:21 PM

Answers

• You should be able to change the masterpage under site settings -> look and feel.

If you can't see this menu. It is because you didn't activate the "SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure" feature.

You can set a masterpage on a root site and let all subsite inherit the same masterpage. 

• Marked as answer by Brew H Tuesday, June 7, 2011 1:19 PM
    Monday, June 6, 2011 9:17 PM

All replies

• If you have many team sites that require the same styling. Why don't you use the same masterpage for all team sites? That is kinda the idea behind masterpages.
    Monday, June 6, 2011 7:02 PM
  • Anders,

How do I set all sites to use the same master page? Please advise.

** I'm really new to SharePoint **

Thanks,

Brew

Monday, June 6, 2011 8:36 PM
  • You should be able to change the masterpage under site settings -> look and feel.

If you can't see this menu. It is because you didn't activate the "SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure" feature.

You can set a masterpage on a root site and let all subsite inherit the same masterpage. 

• Marked as answer by Brew H Tuesday, June 7, 2011 1:19 PM
    Monday, June 6, 2011 9:17 PM
  • Thanks!!! You save my time!!!
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 1:20 PM