none
Save As Web Page then displaying on web server loses text

Question

• I created some wireframes diagrams in Visio 2010, then used Save As to publish them to a web page (I'm using the Silverlight/XAML format option.) The page displays fine when referencing it via a file reference (i.e. c:/data/wireframe.htm), but it is totally broken if I copy it to a web server, put it in a virtual directory and reference it that way (i.e. http://<webserver>/folder/wireframe.htm). How is it broken? It doesn't display any of the text (the stuff that appears to be stored in data.xml). It only displays the graphics. I've checked the permissions numerous times, they seem to be fine.

I've done this frequently with Visio 2007 so I'm hoping that someone has a suggestion for a workaround.
    Thursday, February 4, 2010 11:51 PM

All replies

• I don't know if this is a bug, but sounds like it could be.  Use the Send a Frown button in your system tray to report it to Microsoft.

Sunday, February 7, 2010 11:51 PM
  • Yeah, I did send a frown and I'm hopeful that it will be fixed in the final release. I was kind of hoping that someone could suggest a work-around (like a tweak to the generated javascript). But I finally just decided to send my customers a zip of the files instead of putting them on my web server as I usually do. (Now I just have to wait and see how challenging that is from a support perspective.)

Thanks.
    Monday, February 8, 2010 12:48 AM
  • You need to add the MIME type for the embedded font file type .odttf

MIME type is application/vnd.ms-package.obfuscated-opentype

• Proposed as answer by ChingHuei Monday, August 23, 2010 9:48 PM
    Monday, August 23, 2010 9:48 PM
  • Thanks! This one was driving me crazy..
    Friday, January 21, 2011 4:07 AM