none
Lync Control Panel not launching - Navigation Canceled message RRS feed

• Question

• I have not been able to fing my answer to the "Navigation to the website was canceled" message I get when I try to connect to the Lync Control Panel using the Program Files Shortcut. Here are the details, any assistance is greatly appreciated:

I have an existing OCS 2007 R2 server setup in the domain. My domain is company.CORP. Everyone's sip address matches their email address and is company.COM. It is a Standard Edition server for IM and Presence only. There is an Edge server as well and I have PIC enabled. My sipinternaltls SRV record to the current SE Front End. All works great. There is a SIP.company.com DNS record in the domain. I am standing up LYNC 2010 environment on HyperV and ran topology builder twice because I had to fix a name. (I saw a posting that said I need to run step2 of the FE installer again. Anyone know Why that is?)

My File Share is on the HyperV server that is hosting the Front End server but they are completely different servernames. My topology published successfully and create some data in the File Share and the Backend DB was created and populated with tables. The certificates were successfully applied and all services started right up. The latest version of Silverlight was installed and the server was rebooted. Still the darn White Page with 'Navigation to the webpage was canceled'.

I am able to go into IIS and launch the Control Panel successfully by browsing on the "cscp" directory for the Lync Server Internal Web Site. I can also connect to the Control Panel by using the httpS://admin.company.com/cscp but I have to put  'cscp ' in the path. I cannot browse AD using the Control Panel to find my TestLyncUser1 account but I can find the account, and successfully enable the account, using the Lync Management Shell. The account was enables and was able to successfully login to the Lync FE server (manually, since the SRV record point to OCS).

This is where I am stuck. Why won't it launch from the Programs File Tool and why do I have to designate the CSCP in the URL? Not sure why I could browse AD successfully in the Control Panel either but I will begin troubleshooting that problem next. Could it be becuase my sip.company.com record points to a different OCS Pool? Or my SRV internaltls record points to the OCS Pool? Microsoft supports standing up the two environments side-by-side and migrating but maybe I am missing something. Any ideas anyone?

Tuesday, April 5, 2011 2:21 AM

Answers

• Well, I enjoyed typing all of my scenerio out but it turns out the issue I was having was I was missing my Internal Web Services DNS entry, "LyncIntWS.company.com". Now the Control Panel launches from the shortcut. You were on the right Path George, but I had my Admin URL already in place and it still was not working.
    • Marked as answer by Jeffy-g Tuesday, April 5, 2011 12:15 PM
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 12:15 PM

All replies

• In topology builder, under the Lync Server 2010 settings (top root) there is the option to set the Administrative Access URL (let's call it https://lynccp.company.com) which is not requested at default installation and has to be entered manually. Needless to say, you have to add a A or CName record on your DNS zone that point to your Std Edition Pool IP or FQDN. Have you performed this step and are still getting this error? Please let us know!
    George Varakis - MVP on Lync Server in Greece
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 5:34 AM
  • Well, I enjoyed typing all of my scenerio out but it turns out the issue I was having was I was missing my Internal Web Services DNS entry, "LyncIntWS.company.com". Now the Control Panel launches from the shortcut. You were on the right Path George, but I had my Admin URL already in place and it still was not working.
    • Marked as answer by Jeffy-g Tuesday, April 5, 2011 12:15 PM
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 12:15 PM