• Question

• Hi Guys,

server 2012, exchange 2013.

Outlook clients keep disconnecting.

there a lot of the below.

Any ideas ??

this is a fresh install....

Thanks in advance James.

The Microsoft Exchange RPC Client Access service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 5000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

and

Faulting application name: Microsoft.Exchange.RpcClientAccess.Service.exe, version: 15.0.516.29, time stamp: 0x506957ad

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16451, time stamp: 0x50988aa6

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x000000000003811c

Faulting process id: 0x4014

Faulting application start time: 0x01cde991b7483e80

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\bin\Microsoft.Exchange.RpcClientAccess.Service.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: fb1cc243-5584-11e2-9405-00155d0a7003

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Thursday, January 3, 2013 9:12 AM

Answers

• So MicroSHIT cant fix it. New servers and New products and MS say sorry but there is nothing we can do !!!.

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by James Dyke Wednesday, January 16, 2013 2:25 PM
    Wednesday, January 16, 2013 2:25 PM

All replies

• Are all users or just some specific users affected?

Can the affected user logon with OWA?

Please check the application event log and system log to see if there is any error recorded; besides, run ExBPA to see if there is certificate related issue.

As a try, please restart the service to see if the issue can be resolved.

Thanks.

Fiona Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, January 4, 2013 7:12 AM
  • Are all users or just some specific users affected?

all users

Can the affected user logon with OWA?

OWA works all the time.

Please check the application event log and system log to see if there is any error recorded; besides, run ExBPA to see if there is certificate related issue.

Thought ther was no BPA on 2013 ???

As a try, please restart the service to see if the issue can be resolved.

server/services restrated many times.

Thanks.

Fiona Liao

Friday, January 4, 2013 10:39 AM
  • Hi James,

Thanks for your udpate and sorry for my typo. You are correct, the ExBPA tool is retired in Exchange 2013 system.

I researched and foun a simillar crash issue which is a known issue in Exchange 2010 system. I'd like to recomend you contace Microsoft Support service (CSS) for asssistance because the TechNET foru might not very suitable for troubleshootng this kind of issue (collecting more detailed information and/or diagnosing logs and performance files which is beyond what we can do in the forum as the nature of forum support).

For your reference:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

http://support.microsoft.com

Your understanding would be appreciated.

Fiona Liao

Monday, January 7, 2013 12:54 AM
  • So MicroSHIT cant fix it. New servers and New products and MS say sorry but there is nothing we can do !!!.

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by James Dyke Wednesday, January 16, 2013 2:25 PM
    Wednesday, January 16, 2013 2:25 PM
  • You can start Outlook with with this command from run: Outllok.exe /RPCDIAG

Then check if you have failed connection attempts.

I've had same problem where we had multiple exchange account on each Outlook client and the credentials seems to have confused/clogged up the exchange server with all the different credential requests.

Fixed it by adding only 1 Primary exchange account, and then adding all the other accounts as "Additional Mailboxes" giving the users FULL ACCESS to each added mailbox.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 1:45 PM
  • In our case we found out that the hosting company had a router/firewall that was under too much pressure from all the incoming data, that it dropped packets as it couldn't handle the traffic.

Friday, March 1, 2013 10:42 AM
  • You can start Outlook with with this command from run: Outllok.exe /RPCDIAG

Then check if you have failed connection attempts.

I've had same problem where we had multiple exchange account on each Outlook client and the credentials seems to have confused/clogged up the exchange server with all the different credential requests.

Fixed it by adding only 1 Primary exchange account, and then adding all the other accounts as "Additional Mailboxes" giving the users FULL ACCESS to each added mailbox.

Thank you SO MUCH for this! We are currently migrating from 2007 to 2013 and I am running Outlook 2013 and randomly getting these hangs. I rand Outlook /rpcdiag and found that it was stuck on connecting to public folders on the 2007 server.

I then found this article that describes how to disable Public Folders in Outlook (We don't use them anymore) http://blogs.technet.com/b/johnmak/archive/2012/03/26/how-to-stop-outlook-from-using-public-folders.aspx

And not it seems to be fine.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 10:36 AM