none
ERROR: File Not Found - When installing WSP file RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

Very new to SharePoint administration and usage in general, so please bare with me! I just tried to install the following 'plugin' for WSS 3.0

http://spreminders.codeplex.com/

The installation, done through the script, says it completed successfully, and the new selection appears under ‘tasks > settings > selection settings’

You can then select this option and a checkbox appears on a new page asking, if you wish to active it for this particular task, whenever I select an option for this and hit submit I receive the following

ERROR: file not found

As explained, very new at this and would appreciate any feedback!

Regards,
    Cake7

• Edited by Cake7 Wednesday, October 19, 2011 12:32 AM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 12:31 AM

Answers

• HI,

YOU need to first go to the virtual directories.

Then open the folder of your web application where you are trying this.

In this folder you will get web.config and here you need to change the values.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    • Proposed as answer by Marijn SomersMVP Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Thursday, October 27, 2011 9:40 AM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 5:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Go to web.config and mark callstack =true and CustomError=Off and then carry out thi sprocess again and this will provide you more detailed information.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 4:40 AM
  • Hello Rashu,

Thanks for the reply. I searched for the file you specified "web.config" however this appears on my server in more than 20 locations, which one should I be making the suggested changes in?

Regards,
    Cake7

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 5:02 AM
  • HI,

YOU need to first go to the virtual directories.

Then open the folder of your web application where you are trying this.

In this folder you will get web.config and here you need to change the values.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    • Proposed as answer by Marijn SomersMVP Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Thursday, October 27, 2011 9:40 AM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 5:52 AM
  • Open up IIS manager (you must be using IIS 6.0 since its WSS3.0) > Expand Web Sites folder > Do a right click on the site where you are trying to configure the plugin > click open/explore and it will open up the location of your web.config file.

Dont forget to take a back up of the web.config file before making any changes

Regards, Vishwas
    Saturday, October 29, 2011 6:06 PM