Merging Terms doesn’t remove duplicate terms in tagged article. RRS feed

• Question

• I am having 2 terms in which one needs to be merged with another. After merging, the term changes in the tagged article as expected, but if I have tagged with the destination term (before merging) that remains and results duplicate terms.

Ex: Imagine I have 2 terms with the name CAT and CATS. Now I tagged an article with CAT and CATS terms. Now, I will merge CATS with CAT and run the Scheduler job. Once the job is complete, I see that CATS become CAT.  But the tagged article will have CAT(before merging) and CAT(this was  CATS before Merging) and results duplicate terms.

Now, If I do a check/save the article, the duplicate term gets removed. Also if I call Systemupdate() on the item the duplicate term gets removed.

Is there any other way to remove the duplicates terms?  Systemupdate() or manual save/check in won’t be an good option.

Any links/hints would be great help.

Thanks!

Ravi

Ravi

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 5:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your post.

I'm trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
    Emir Liu
    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Emir Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 9:03 AM
  • You must try running a full crawl on the associated Search Service Application. After the index is updated, the tags should appear fine.
    Friday, August 2, 2013 2:45 PM
  • I tried with Full crawl, but no luck. Also, not sure how Full crawl will fix this.

Thing is, if i just just edit the document and Save. The duplicate terms gets removed.

Also, if i do a SystemUpdate() on that article, without making any changes, the duplicate term gets removed.

Thanks!

Ravi

Ravi

Saturday, August 3, 2013 4:49 AM
  • Going by the nature and complexity of the issue, I would suggest you to report this to Microsoft Support. You can create a support case with the Microsoft SharePoint Support team and an engineer would then be assigned to work the issue for you. The engineer will scope the issue, and perform live troubleshooting, if required to help resolve the issue for you.
    Wednesday, August 7, 2013 2:56 PM