none
Very Bad Performance on Migrating from EXC2013 on Premise to O365 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm experienceing very bad performance migrating one mailbox with size less than 1 MB. It took almost 1 hour to complete.

I found this article on how to check (link) however it's in Exchange 2010. I tried seems that some of the commands are no longer available.

Do anyone have better suggestions/tools on how to check and tune this performance issue?

Thank you..

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 9:07 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi.

Please review this article for analyze your problem.

Office 365 email migration performance and best practices

MCITP, MCSE. Regards, Oleg

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 9:44 AM
  • Hi Andre,

How are you performing the migration?

When you're migrating on-premises mailboxes to Office365, there are a lot of factors that can impact overall mailbox migration speed and performance, including things like throttling on MS side which you simply cannot control. The throttling setting for mailbox moving is controlled by MRS, we can increase the throttling setting for testing.

Navigate to <Exchange Installation Path>\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\Bin. Open the MSExchangeMailboxReplication.exe.config file using a text editor such as Notepad. Navigate to the MRSConfiguration section, then change value and save it. For details, refer to this similar case.

You can also refer to the article in the link offered by Oleg, which might be quite useful.

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 9:03 AM