none
Message Track logs shows the email transaction as Pending RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

User sending emails to individual as well as to DL. However few emails are not delivered.

After checking via tracking log i found that some of the emails delivered and some of them are showing as Pending.

What will be the cause? any Guess?

Checked the DL settings if any approval configured but it is none.

Please note it is a meeting request.

Thanks, Venkatesh. "Hardwork Never Fails"

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 5:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If the issue occurs randomly or on some special users or DL?

I guess you got the "Pending" status from the delivery report, because message tracing log doesn't have a status or eventid named "Pending". 

If a group have many members, sometimes the message will be delayed to deliver to some of the recipients. We could check if messages are stuck in queue (Get-queue | fl). Anyway, restart the Exchange Transport service and check if issue gets resolved.

If issue still persists, we recommend you to search the message tracking log and we could get more clues from the output. Run the command below and send the txt file to ibsexc@microsoft.com

Get-MessageTrackingLog  -Recipients "<one of the individual or group's SMTP address>" -Sender "<sender's SMTP address>" -MessageSubject "<subject>" | fl >c:\log.txt

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, September 5, 2018 6:44 AM
  • sure thanks for your reply . i have sent the logs as txt file.

Email address from : venkatvasanraj@live.in

Thanks, Venkatesh. &quot;Hardwork Never Fails&quot;

Wednesday, September 5, 2018 8:35 AM
  • Hi Manu,

had a chance the review the logs which i sent yesterday.

Awaiting for your reply.

Thursday, September 6, 2018 4:02 AM
  • Hi Manu,

had a chance the review the logs which i sent yesterday.

Awaiting for your reply.

Venkatesh, I have received your email and will give you a response after I read the log.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, September 6, 2018 9:56 AM
  • thanks manu.. awaiting for your reply.

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 6:54 AM
  • thanks manu.. awaiting for your reply.

Sorry for the delay. If there are external recipients in the To or CC field? I said this because I noticed that there are different domain names in the Recipient field. 

If so, check the settings of the send connector you are using to send outbound emails. 

Besides, check if the messages are stuck in queue, give me a response for this.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 12:16 PM
  • Any update?

Regards,

Manu Meng

Friday, September 14, 2018 9:15 AM