none
SharePoint Publishing Site Error

Question

• Hello i am facing issues with creating site collections for publishing site. For all other sites templates its working for me . But when i try to create publishing site then its giving the error below. 
    The Office SharePoint Server Standard Web application features feature must be activated at the web application level before this feature can be activated.   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.PublishingResourcesFeatureHandler.<>c__DisplayClass3.<FeatureActivated>b__1() 
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.CodeToRunElevatedWrapper(Object state) 
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.<>c__DisplayClass4.<RunWithElevatedPrivileges>b__2() 
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SecurityContext.RunAsProcess(CodeToRunElevated secureCode) 
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(WaitCallback secureCode, Object param) 
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(CodeToRunElevated secureCode) 
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.PublishingResourcesFeatureHandler.<>c__DisplayClass3.<FeatureActivated>b__0() 
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.CmsSecurityUtilities.RunWithWebCulture(SPWeb web, CodeToRun webCultureDependentCode) 
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.PublishingResourcesFeatureHandler.FeatureActivated(SPFeatureReceiverProperties receiverProperties) 
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeature.DoActivationCallout(Boolean fActivate, Boolean fForce) 
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeature.Activate(SPSite siteParent, SPWeb webParent, SPFeaturePropertyCollection props, Boolean fForce) 
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureCollection.AddInternal(Guid featureId, SPFeaturePropertyCollection properties, Boolean force, Boolean fMarkOnly) 
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureManager.EnsureFeaturesActivatedAtSiteInternal(SPSite site, String sFeatures, Boolean fMarkOnly) 
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureManager.<>c__DisplayClassa.<EnsureFeaturesActivatedAtSite>b__9() 
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.CodeToRunElevatedWrapper(Object state) 
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunAsUser(SPUserToken userToken, Boolean bResetContext, WaitCallback code, Object param) 
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunAsUser(SPUserToken userToken, CodeToRunElevated code) 
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureManager.EnsureFeaturesActivatedAtSite(Byte[]& userToken, Int32 nZone, Guid siteid, String sFeatures) 
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.ApplyWebTemplate(String bstrUrl, String& bstrWebTemplate, Int32& plWebTemplateId) 
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.ApplyWebTemplate(String bstrUrl, String& bstrWebTemplate, Int32& plWebTemplateId) 
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.ApplyWebTemplate(String strWebTemplate) 
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.PortalProvisioningProvider.CreatePortal(String xmlFile, SPWeb rootWeb) 
    This behaviour is showing after i installed custom time job manager. Even after removing the timer feature also its not helpful for me.

Thanks in Advacnce..
    Wednesday, September 09, 2009 9:05 AM

Answers

• As shown on the error message you posted:  “Office SharePoint Server Standard Web application features feature must be activated at the web application level before this feature can be activated”, you should activate the feature by choosing the specific web application at Central Administration > Application Management > Manage Web Application Features and click the Activate button right to the feature.

I had deactivate the feature and tried to create a site collection with the publishing template, and I got the same error. I then activated the feature and create a new site collection without error.

Friday, September 11, 2009 4:39 AM

All replies

• What version of SharePoint are you running?  WSS won't support that template, for example.

--Paul Galvin, Arcovis
      Microsoft MVP - SharePoint
      Blogging @ http://feeds.feedburner.com/PaulGalvinsSharePointSpace
      Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/pagalvin
    Wednesday, September 09, 2009 11:33 AM
  • As shown on the error message you posted:  “Office SharePoint Server Standard Web application features feature must be activated at the web application level before this feature can be activated”, you should activate the feature by choosing the specific web application at Central Administration > Application Management > Manage Web Application Features and click the Activate button right to the feature.

I had deactivate the feature and tried to create a site collection with the publishing template, and I got the same error. I then activated the feature and create a new site collection without error.

Friday, September 11, 2009 4:39 AM