none
Two issues in Email signature through disclaimer in mail flow rule RRS feed

• Question

• i have applied email signature through mail flow rule in exchange 2013. Choose a disclaimer rule and put the html code with active directory attributes so everytime anyone email to anyone, its name, designation appears in below email.

1st issue in this rule that this signature appears everytime the user emails either in a conversation of a email like back and forth or in new email. And our requirement is that this signature should not appear again and again when replying a email multiple times, only appear once.

How is it possible? Please guide.

Second issue, i have a put an image in signature which is a logo of our bank and that logo is located in local file server and i noticed that that logo does not appear other than desktop outlook on local LAN. Like if i email from mobile or owa or email to an external user the logo image does not appear instead image name appearing. 

How can i resolve this?

Sunday, January 19, 2020 1:10 PM

All replies

• The first issue is by design. You can add some basic logic to the rule to detect whether the disclaimer text was already added, but overall this is one of the reasons why people choose to go with third-party products for managing signatures.

For #2, host the image on some publicly available web server.

Sunday, January 19, 2020 4:01 PM
  • Hi,

Additional for your first question: transport rule will think your old signature as a part of new email's body, so it will add an new signature again(every time sending email).

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 20, 2020 9:02 AM
  • Hi,

I am writing here to confirm with you how thing going now?

If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as an answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 23, 2020 7:40 AM
  • Thank you for your response. Then we decided to give up the signature using exchange transport rule as the disclaimer/signature was going in the end of whole message.

any suggestion for third party product ? codetwo signature product is very expensive.

Sunday, February 2, 2020 8:52 AM
  • We don't usually recommend third-party products by name here, look them up online. And yes, they will cost you some $$$, unless you want to wait for Microsoft to finally deliver proper signature management (it's on the roadmap: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?featureid=60371)
    Sunday, February 2, 2020 4:06 PM
  • Thank you for your response. Then we decided to give up the signature using exchange transport rule as the disclaimer/signature was going in the end of whole message.

any suggestion for third party product ? codetwo signature product is very expensive.

Hi,

Why not use Outlook signature directly, you can choose insert this signature at any part of message body as your want.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Monday, February 3, 2020 4:45 AM
  • Hi Mjt_ali,

Haven't received your update for a long time, any update this thread now?

If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Friday, February 7, 2020 8:53 AM