none
#5.0.0 smtp; 5.3.0 - Other mail system problem 554-'5.4.6 Message exceeded 50 hops, this may indicate a mail loop RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone, 

I'm new here and i've been searching for a while now and i'm not getting any answers from google. 

So the problem is, we cannot send an e-mail to a specific e-mail domain. We are getting this error (see below). We used to send e-mail to this client's address. It was working last week and suddenly this happened. We are using on prem exchange13. I checked the send connectors and I can see that we have 2 enabled connectors and using smart host to route outbound e-mails to mimecast. I hope someone can help me out. 

Remote Server returned '<[64.233.166.27] #5.0.0 smtp; 5.3.0 - Other mail system problem 554-'5.4.6 Message exceeded 50 hops, this may indicate a mail loop

Monday, December 16, 2019 8:54 PM

All replies

• Hi Charles Marion,

If smart host is disabled, can you send emails to this domain correctly?

Would you please send the message tracking log here?

Get-MessageTrackingLog -Sender "sender address" -Recipients "recipients address" -MessageSubject "subject" | fl

Besides, what’s the configuration of send connector?

You can feel free to post back with any updates.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Tuesday, December 17, 2019 5:51 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, December 19, 2019 1:29 AM
    Tuesday, December 17, 2019 4:46 AM
  • Hi Charles Marion,

Any updates with this issue?

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 19, 2019 1:29 AM
  • Hi Perry, 

Sorry I wasn't able to reply back right away. I think the problem is on our client's end. I tested it using my personal e-mail but it failed to send as well. We will reach this out to our client to get it fixed. Appreciate it and happy holidays! 

PS. I should have tested it first before posting here. Peace! 

Regards, 

Charles

Thursday, December 19, 2019 4:04 PM