locked
[2007SP1]A Unified Messaging Language Pack is already installed for the culture 'nl-NL'

    Question

  •  

    Before installing Service Pack 1 I had to uninstall the nl-NL languagepack I use, else the setup was unable to continue. So I deleted it with the command Exsetup /RemoveUmLanguagePack:nl-NL. After this the SP1 installation went just fine.

     

    Now when I try to install the language-pack again, I get the following error:

     

    [PS] C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>Exsetup /AddUmLanguagePack:nl-NL /s
    ourcedir:c:\umlang

    Welcome to Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Unattended Setup
    The following Unified Messaging language packs will be added:

        UM Language Pack for nl-NL

     A Unified Messaging Language Pack is already installed for the culture 'nl-NL'.


    At first I thought this was because I still was using the old .msi. So I just downloaded the SP1 .msi (which is only a few KB larger?) but I still get this error.

     

    Is there anything I can do to manually uninstall the complete UM language? Dutch isn't an option in the Dial Plan or Auto Attendant settings, there I can only select English.

     

    Thanks,

    Ruud van Strijp

    Wednesday, December 5, 2007 8:51 PM

All replies

  • I can't help you, but can confirm the problem.

    I get exactly the same error message. I had two languages installed on my UM server (nl-NL and en-GB). I removed them both before installing SP1, just as you did.

    If anyone can shed some light on this, it would be appreciated.

    Update:

    I tried deleting all kinds of files and registry entries by searching for the string "nl-NL" and the language code 1043 (Dutch), but that still didn't work.

    Then, I decided to remove the UM role from the server entirely and manually removed all the UM files that were left after the uninstall.

    After adding the UM role to the server again I WAS STILL NOT ABLE TO ADD NEW LANGUAGES!

    The same error keeps popping up (A Unified Messaging Language Pack is already installed for the culture 'nl-NL').

    I am quite disappointed in Microsoft that they didn't catch this during QA...

    Update 2:

    Ummm ok I feel stupid now. Apparently I forgot to search for "nl-NL" as a key or value and I only used data while searching the registry.

    I found this key (thanks to Process Monitor):

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\v8.0\UnifiedMessagingRole\LanguagePacks

    ... and removed the nl-NL value from it.

    Now the language pack finally wants to install again.
    Sunday, December 9, 2007 10:26 AM
  • Thank you very much for posting this. I have removed the registry key and it solved my problem.

     

    Btw, I'm RuuddieBoy. Just made a new account.

    Sunday, December 9, 2007 8:01 PM