none
Unable to migrate user from exchange 2010 to exchange online RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to migrate user mailboxes from exchange 2010 to office 365 but getting the below error every-time:

ErrorSummary">Error: The job encountered too many transient failures (61) and is quitting. The most common failure is TimeoutErrorTransientException/TimeoutException with the hit count 44. --> The call to 'https://hybrid.domain.com/EWS/mrsproxy.svc' timed out. 

TooManyTransientFailureRetriesPermanentException/TimeoutErrorTransientException/TimeoutException: Error: The job encountered too many transient failures (61) and is quitting. The most common failure is TimeoutErrorTransientException/TimeoutException with the hit count 44. --> The call to 'https://hybrid.domain.com/EWS/mrsproxy.svc' timed out. Error details: The open operation did not complete within the allotted timeout of 00:00:50. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout. --> The open operation did not complete within the allotted timeout of 00:00:50. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout 

FailureCode">-2146233088</I32> 

<I32 N="MapiLowLevelError">0</I32> 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

What I did so far: checked the MRS proxy in all the CAS servers and it is turned on. then tried to modify the web.config file and made the dataimport time to 50 minutes but it did not work.

Tried to move the same user mailbox to another database in exchange 2010 and it also did not help

Thursday, October 3, 2019 11:56 AM

All replies

• Hi choco029,

Based on my searching, this issue may be caused by the ExchangeGUID property of the Exchange Online MailUser object does not match the ExchangeGUID property of the on-premises mailbox.

I would suggest you use command below to check whether those two account are matched:

1. Check from Exchange on-premises:

Get-Mailbox <MailboxName> | Format-List ExchangeGUID 

2. Check from Exchange online(Connect to Exchange online with remote PowerShell):

Get-MailUser -Identity <UserName> | fl displayname,ExchangeGuid 
    If they are different, you can use command below to modify this value from Exchange online:
    Set-MailUser -Identity <UserName> -ExchangeGUID <Value Retrieved From Step 1> 

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 4, 2019 5:10 AM
  • Hello Kyle,

Thanks for your reply. I have already checked the GUID's and both are same.

Friday, October 4, 2019 8:25 AM
  • If so, I would suggest you use IDFix tool to check whether there exist sync issue in your organization. Then try to rerun HCW again and try to migrate mailbox.

If you still cannot migrate successfully, could you tell you how do you migrate this mailbox?

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 10, 2019 8:39 AM
  • Hello,

did you upgrade your exchange to last SP/CU ?

last time i had an timeout error (it was for auth) i resolved that with an upgrade to last CU (it was for 2013)

Olivier.

Thursday, October 10, 2019 9:49 AM
  • Hi choco029,

I am writing here to confirm with you how thing going now?

If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as an answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 9:12 AM