none
Set Up My Sites - Page cannot be displayed RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I followed the steps from the MSDN article below to configure My Sites in SharePoint 2010.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee624362(v=office.14).aspx

However after configuring everything mentioned in the article, I get page cannot be displayed error when I click "My Sites" from the drop down on the left hand side.

Please note I have configured my sites on a port xxxx (not port 80). So have changed the hosts file to add an entry as well.

Thanks in advance.

ViviSP

• Edited by ViviSP Monday, September 18, 2017 2:52 PM
    Monday, September 18, 2017 2:32 PM

All replies

• Hi ViviSP,

Is the mysite host browseable? Are you able to ping mysite. Do ipconfig /flushdns and ipconfig /registerdns.

Check setup mysite in UPA and check the URL there.

What you are getting in ULS and event viewer?

Regards,

SAGAR PATIL

Monday, September 18, 2017 3:11 PM
  • Hi ViviSP,

How did you configure my sites on another port? By extending web application or configuring AAM? Please provide for more information about your scenario.

For troubleshooting this issue, please also check the following things:

1. Check if it is a firewall issue. Usually the host computer blocks all ports except the default.

2. Re-checking the configuration steps and check if you can open your mysite this time.

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 9:22 AM
  • @Sagar,

Mysites are not browseable. I don't get anything in my logs.

@Allen,

I provided the port number(xxxx) when creating the mysites web application. Is there a way I can check if the port is blocked or not?

ViviSP

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 4:06 PM
  • Hi ViviSP,

Please create a new team site collection in this web application and check if this site collection works normally.

If this site collection does not work, it may be an issue about web application. As a result, recreate a web application and test in the new web application.

In addition, please check ULS log, try to find more error message about this issue to help identify the cause.

The default location of the ULS log in SharePoint 2010 is:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\14\LOGS 

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, September 29, 2017 3:08 PM