none
Newsfeed image size RRS feed

• Question

• My intranet users have asked for the ability to click on images in the Newsfeed to see a larger version. I understand SharePoint does not do this out of the box, and I'm also aware of existing solutions to implement this functionality.

My question: how can I stop SharePoint from automatically shrinking posted Newsfeed images to 300x300 pixels maximum? It doesn't make much sense to display a larger version of these photos if there's no higher-resolution version available.

I have a local SharePoint 2013 server deployment and full access to everything, even the back end, so I'm comfortable with any solutions that require diving into code.

Thanks.

Monday, February 15, 2016 10:26 PM

All replies

• Hi rawsoncj,

To change the max width and max height of the picture in Newsfeed web part, you can add the following CSS script to the page.

<style type="text/css"> 
    .ms-microfeed-attachmentImage {
    max-width:100px;
    max-height:100px;
    }
    </style>

About how to add CSS to SharePoint, you can refer the following article:

http://techtrainingnotes.blogspot.jp/2012/05/adding-javascript-and-css-to-sharepoint.html

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 9:38 AM
  • Thanks, but that doesn't address my issue. The problem is SharePoint is automatically re-sizing Newsfeed images to a max width of 300px when photos are added. It has nothing to do with CSS; SharePoint is actually altering the image dimensions and re-saving them in the smaller size when they're uploaded. I want a way to work around that so I can display images at 300px max width in the Newsfeed, but show them at the original resolution (however much higher than 300x300px that may be) when users click on them.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 7:22 PM
  • Me too!
    Wednesday, June 22, 2016 1:47 PM
  • Hi rawsoncj,

I am working on the similar functionality, where I need to show image in the original larger version. As you mentioned you are already aware of solution for this, can you please share with me?

I tried to enlarge the shrieked image in newsfeed but it gets blurred.

Thursday, April 13, 2017 11:41 AM