none
Exchange Federation certificate expired. Is it a concern if we do not federate with other domains? RRS feed

• Question

• On our Exchange servers the Microsoft Exchange Federation certificate has expired on 7/11.  We are a single AD Forest and domain.  We do not share free/busy information and federate with other organizations.  Nothing appears broken.  Is it safe to ignore this?  

6 days later and no reports of any issues.  I would imagine we should be ok?

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 7:01 PM

All replies

• On our Exchange servers the Microsoft Exchange Federation certificate has expired on 7/11.  We are a single AD Forest and domain.  We do not share free/busy information and federate with other organizations.  Nothing appears broken.  Is it safe to ignore this?  

6 days later and no reports of any issues.  I would imagine we should be ok?

I would renew it regardless.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/renew-the-federation-certificate-exchange-2013-help

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 9:31 PM
  • Hi KJSTech1,

I'm just writing to check how's everything going? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 10:01 AM
  • I’m out of the office until July 30th. The cert’s been expired since 7/11 and no problems. It’s very low on the todo list.
    Wednesday, July 24, 2019 12:36 PM
  • Hi KJSTech1,

This certificate is used for Federation, if you don't federate with other organization, it will work fine. Agree that it's low on the todo list at your current environment, however, in the long run, it's still recommended you renew the certificate.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com

Thursday, July 25, 2019 9:36 AM
  • Hi KJSTech1,

I'm just writing to check how's everything going? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Friday, August 2, 2019 8:00 AM