Acorbat Reader 9.0 and 9.1 Runtime Errors RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I've been trying to resolve a problem with Acrobat Reader 9.0 and 9.1 running on Windows Vista Business Edition. The computer is part of a domain and I am not redirecting anything. The only group policy applied is the default domain policy which is very basic. Not having any problems running any other application. Acrobat Reader was installed using the local admin account on the workstation. The local admin account was copied to the default profile. If I login to the computer as the local admin, Acrobat Reader runs without a problem. When I logon with a domain account that has local admin privledges, it also runs. As soon as I login with a user account that doesn't have admin privledges, it fails with:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library
    Runtime Error!
    Program: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe
    The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. "

I've even tried giving "Everyone" full access to the location Acrobat Reader is installed, but no luck. According to Adobe, they recommend upgrading to Acorbat Reader 9.1. I did this, but it doesn't fix the problem. I even tried removing and reinstalling. I've read a lot of posts where people are having the same problem, but have not found a solution. Has anyone beed able to resolve this problem?

Monday, March 16, 2009 1:50 PM

Answers

All replies