none
Users in cloud email cannot use a shared calendar that is on the local hybrid server.

Question

• This has been going on for a week now. Any one have any ideas of what I can check. If my users click on the calendar to select it from thier list, it will not highlight or accept a check mark. IT does have a yellow box with a red Exclamation point that says COULD NOT BE UPDATED. If i click on that, I get a pop up that says CANNOT DISPLAY FOLDER PROPERTIES. THE FOLDER MAY HAVE BEEN DELETED OR THE SERVER WHERE THE FOLDER IS STORED MAY BE UNAVAILABLE. CANNOT DISPLAY FOLDER PROPERTIES. YOU DON'T HAVE APPROPRIATE PERMISSION TO PERFORM THIS OPERATION. I am an Exchange admin on the hybrid box and global admin in the cloud. I have checked my public facing DNS and all is as it should be. To my knowledge, nothing has changed on wither the hybrid server or the cloud. This is the only account that I have that is being affected. 

Please advise...Thank you!!!

Monday, May 6, 2019 2:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Tom,

Please refer to the following article and check if any helps:

"Cannot display the folder properties" or "could not be updated" error when Exchange hybrid deployment users open a room calendar in Outlook

CAUSE
    This problem occurs if the room mailbox was created by using the Exchange admin center in Office 365 or Exchange Online PowerShell, and if the room mailbox doesn't have an associated Active Directory account in the on-premises environment. 

SOLUTION
    To resolve this problem, use SMTP matching to link the room mailbox in Exchange Online with an on-premises account. For more information about how to do this, see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
    2641663 How to use SMTP matching to match on-premises user accounts to Office 365 user accounts for directory synchronization

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, May 7, 2019 2:23 AM
  • Hi Tom,

I'm just writing to check how's everything going? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.
    Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 9:43 AM