none
SharePoint 2016 - Search Query Web Part - Post Not Displaying

Question

• Hello Community,

I am working in SP 2016 with the Search Query Web Part. I have one post that simply doesn't show up in the web part while all the other post before and after it do show up.

Here is my search query:

ContentType:Post SiteTitle="Events"  {SearchBoxQuery} -SPSiteURL:mysite and ExpiresDate>={Today}

Here is the Post information:

Title: Relay for Life

Body: We are supporting the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life fundraiser. Relay For Life events will be held May 17 from 4 p.m. until midnight.​​

Start Date: 5/17/2019 4 PM

End Date: 5/18/2019 1 PM

Category: Events

Published: 4/11/2019 8 AM

Expire Date: 5/19/2019 12 AM

Thanks!

Tom Molskow

Tom Molskow - Senior SharePoint Architect - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 and 2012 Award - Linked-In - SharePoint Gypsy

Monday, April 15, 2019 1:13 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Tom, 

Which web part are you referring to "search query web part"? Content query web part, content search web part or search results web part? 

Try to search this post separately and compare whether it is returned. 

Search results is security trimmed, make sure the crawl account has at least read permission on the post. 

Make sure current user has at least read permission on the post.

Make sure the post is published and approved as an major version. 

Check the crawl log to make sure the post is crawled. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 3:21 AM
  • Hey Lisa - thanks for your reply!

• It is the "Search Results" web part
    • I did search the post at list and site level and it showed in the returned results
    • The user does have view permissions on the item
    • The item is published, approval's are not required
    Thanks!
    Tom

Tom Molskow - Senior SharePoint Architect - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 and 2012 Award - Linked-In - SharePoint Gypsy

• Edited by Tom Molskow Wednesday, April 17, 2019 11:53 AM
    Tuesday, April 16, 2019 12:50 PM
  • Try this;

ExpiresDate>=today OR -ExpiresDate:01-01-1900..{Today}

This will filter dates and also will ignore blank dates.

Its impossible that an item on a list is not showing unless there is something different between that item and the items that are showing.

Try to do a full crawl on the Content Resource to make sure the list is getting crawled with the changes. Add a new Item and see if that gets shown and also make a change to an item that is getting shown to see if the crawl is up to date.

• Edited by Victor Gruber Tuesday, April 16, 2019 1:12 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Victor Gruber Tuesday, April 16, 2019 1:12 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Tom Molskow Tuesday, April 16, 2019 3:54 PM
    Tuesday, April 16, 2019 12:56 PM
  • The new search query code produced the same results.

I get what you're saying, this is a bizarre issue, I'm going to have to try to figure out just what IS different about this Post - how weird!

I'll be doing a new full crawl later today, I'll LYK

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 4:23 PM
  • Hi Tom,

Is there post with same name as the missing post? it is by designer that the duplicated items will be displayed only once in the search results web part. 

To show duplicates on SharePoint search results, refer to the following steps. 

Edit search results web part->check show view duplicates link:

Then hover on the search results, you can see "view duplicates":

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 1:57 AM
  • @Victor and Lisa

OK, yesterday I at least found the source of the issue - the item is not being crawled.  Earlier I had run a list and site search and I did find the post by title, but checking again I realized that several of the older post have the same title, so in the search returns I checked the Post ID and sure enough - the post didn't appear in the list or site search.

I then checked the crawl logs, same story, in fact none of the new posts past a certain ID appear in the crawl log. 

So what's the next step?

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 11:52 AM
  • Hi Tom, 

Search reindex, and then start a full crawl again. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Thursday, April 18, 2019 10:23 AM
  • @Lisa

First - thanks for hanging in there!

Duplicates - yes, there is a post that has the same name as the missing post, so I followed your advice and in settings checked "Show view duplicate view" and I am running full crawl again

Index - I will reset the index this weekend

One Difference - the missing post is the only Multi-Day event, i.e. it has a start date on May 17, 2019 and an End Date May 18, 2019.  All the other events, including the ones created after the missing event, are "Same Day" events, i.e. the Start and End Dates are on the same day.

Crawl Log Errors - Finally, I did find some crawl log errors related to the event, but other events that do display have the same error.  The error is shown below.

Thursday, April 18, 2019 12:53 PM
  • Hi Tom, 

Is there site column which allow multiple values? make sure the value for ‘Allow Multiple Values’ is set as same for the Managed Metadata Site Column and the Managed Property (which is having the Crawled property of the site column added). Both should be either set to Yes/No.

Reference:

http://spdeveloper.co.in/sharepoint2013/search-crawl-content-processing-pipeline-failed.aspx

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/113524/sp2013-full-crawl-error-the-content-processing-pipeline-failed-to-process-the

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Friday, April 19, 2019 9:29 AM
  • @Lisa

There is a column that allows multiple values - Categories, which is a Look Up column (why a look up I'm not sure, it only has 3 values)

I checked the Managed Property and it does have it's "Allow multiple values" column set to yes.  I'm not sure how to check the Managed Metadata Site Column - can you explain that please?

Friday, April 19, 2019 11:57 AM