none
Windows Media Player keeps stopping

Question

• Hi,

I probably am in the wrong forum for this so, if someone can first move this to the appropriate forum, I'd be pleased.

Anyways, my Windows Media Player constantly stops whenever I play a movie through the CD Rom Drive and I'd like this issue resolved. I haven't uploaded or installed any files that would cause this problem. I believe I have Windows Media Player 11 (my laptop is a Windows Vista if that helps). How do I permanently prevent it from stopping whenever I play a DVD on my laptop? Thanks.

Friday, February 28, 2014 10:30 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I suggest you run the Media Player Settings troubleshooter and check.

Open the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Open-the-Windows-Media-Player-Settings-troubleshooter

Please login with Clean Boot to see if the same issue occurs.

If the issue persists,

1: Run System File Checker (SFC) scan.

SFC scan will make Windows replace corrupt or missing system files on your computer.
    a. Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator.
    b. Click Continue or supply Administrator credentials if prompted.
    c. In the Command Prompt window type the following, and press Enter:
    sfc /scannow

Step 2:  Disable and re-enable Media Player.
    a. Click on start and then go to Control panel.
    b. Now click on programs and features.
    c. Then click on “Turn Windows features on or off”.
    d. Expand Media features.
    e. Uncheck Media Player.
    f. Restart the computer.

To re-enable Media Player, follow the same steps and place a check mark next to Media Player in Windows features and restart the computer.

Hope that helps.

Please note, since this forum is for Outlook IT Pro, if this issue persists and you need further assistance, please refer to Windows Client forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/home

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 3, 2014 2:53 PM