Windows Server 2012 R2 Eval ISO - Installation error 0x80070570 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have downloaded the following ISO (Windows Server 2012 R2 Evaluation):
    9600.16384.WINBLUE_RTM.130821-1623_X64FRE_SERVER_EVAL_EN-US-IRM_SSS_X64FREE_EN-US_DV5.ISO

I made a USB flash drive installer from this ISO and tried to install the system on a brand new computer. In the middle of the install I get the following error message:

So I thought "well it's probably the computer, BIOS setting, USB drive or... _fill in the blank_ ".
    Fired up VirtualBox on a Windows 7 machine and tried to install straight from the downloaded ISO. The same exact issue occurs.

This occurs no matter what edition of Windows I select to install.

Does anyone know what I'm missing?

Thanks in advance.

• Edited by turmoil Wednesday, November 20, 2013 10:43 AM
    Wednesday, November 20, 2013 10:36 AM

Answers

• Sound like the ever common issue of file corruption occuring during the download.  Did you try obtaining another copy?

.:|:.:|:. tim

• Marked as answer by Susie Long Monday, November 25, 2013 1:45 AM
    Wednesday, November 20, 2013 3:45 PM
  • Hi,

This may be due to media read issue or file corruption.

I recommend re-downloading and reburning the ISO from the site below to see if the issue persists.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/dn205286.aspx

Best regards,

Susie

Thursday, November 21, 2013 8:29 AM

All replies

• Sound like the ever common issue of file corruption occuring during the download.  Did you try obtaining another copy?

.:|:.:|:. tim

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 3:45 PM
  • Hi,

I recommend re-downloading and reburning the ISO from the site below to see if the issue persists.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/dn205286.aspx

Best regards,

Susie

Thursday, November 21, 2013 8:29 AM
  • Hi,

I can confirm the ISO was corrupt. I just didn't expect that to happen as I think this would be the first time it happened to me in a very long time.

Thanks for your help.

Monday, November 25, 2013 6:22 AM
  • Hi,

Best regards,

Susie

I'm having the same issue, and tried re-downloading the ISO from MS and I'm still getting the same error. Perhaps the ISO was created wrong for this iteration, and possibly other random iterations which is why re-downloading sometimes works? Maybe you can check with the team who builds these.

PS: If I do a csum on both the original and newly downloaded ISO, they are identical.

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 4:26 PM
  • I have the same issue. I think, it's because of an ISO doesn't consist drivers to your computer. I've read about it on another topic. I've checked md5 of ISO - Good.

I'm trying that that fix this issue on my PowerEdge T110 II.

• Edited by Der-Clown Wednesday, February 24, 2016 7:44 AM
    Wednesday, February 24, 2016 7:43 AM
  • Re-Download with another pc from your original used to download the iso and use win7 usb tool to create a bootable usb flash drive with the new server 2012 iso.  Worked for me.  Hope this helps.
    Thursday, January 19, 2017 7:16 AM