none
Mailbox database Exchange 2010 issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have one mailbox database for 2 nodes: Mail2, Mail3 in DAG.

Now, mail2 is die. I only use one Mail3 to work. And, how i can remove mail2 out of mailboxdatabase copies ?

I would like to use one Mailbox database for mail3.

Thanks,

Tony

Thursday, July 25, 2019 7:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Before removing sever, remove all database copy from that particular server. 

Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus -Server mail2 | Remove-MailboxDatabaseCopy

You can remove command "Remove-DatabaseAvailabilityGroupServer " to remove server from DAG.

If you get error while running above command you can use below switch additionally. 

-ConfigurationOnly

Once you done with above next step is to remove sever from cluster 

1) Import-Module FailoverClusters

2) Get-ClusterNode EX2 | Remove-ClusterNode -Force

HP.

Thursday, July 25, 2019 10:27 AM
  • Hi,

Before removing sever, remove all database copy from that particular server. 

Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus -Server mail2 | Remove-MailboxDatabaseCopy

You can remove command "Remove-DatabaseAvailabilityGroupServer " to remove server from DAG.

If you get error while running above command you can use below switch additionally. 

-ConfigurationOnly

Once you done with above next step is to remove sever from cluster 

1) Import-Module FailoverClusters

2) Get-ClusterNode EX2 | Remove-ClusterNode -Force

HP.

Thank many Hardik,

But mailbox user include in mailbox database (mail2, mail3). If i remove mailboxdatabasecopy mail 2, whether mailbox user is lost ?

Attention: Mail2 was die, i can not start, so i can type the command to effect ? (Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus -Server mail2 | Remove-MailboxDatabaseCopy)

Thanks,

Tony

Friday, July 26, 2019 3:59 AM
  • Hi,

Agree with Hardik_Patel_, you can use the command to remove the database copies on mail2:

Remove-MailboxDatabaseCopy -Identity <dbname\servername>

If the databases is mounted and works well on mail3, no users will be lost. 

Additionally, if you want to recover mail2, this document may give you some useful information: Recover a Database Availability Group Member Server

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 26, 2019 8:09 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update on this thread?

Did you remove database copies successfully? Please let us know if you would like further assistance. 

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 1, 2019 1:46 AM
  • Hi Lydia,

I facing one issue disk size in Vmware Exchange is 1T1, but SAN is  1T8, I set thick for harddisk mount to vmware.

But when i reduce size in VMware, the size in Datastores can not reduce. Harddisk in Exchange server (Vmware) still normal. But size in datastores is warning, so i can not remove datacopies or movetarget new mailbox to backup ....

Monday, August 5, 2019 8:41 AM
  • Hi,

Since your issue described above is more relevant to VMware side, we suggest you contact with the provider to get more useful information. Hope your issue can be solved soon.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Wednesday, August 7, 2019 6:47 AM
  • Did you solve your VMware issue?

If you need further assistance about removing the database copies, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 1:44 AM