none
Possible email Spam Filter issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Firstly I am not sure if this is the correct forum.  If it is wrong, please advise where I should post this question.

• I am using Office 365 in my own tenant (software as a service). 
    • I have 3 users in total and I use Exchange to manage my email using my own domain. 
    • I have a wordpress/woocommerce website that takes orders from customers on my domain.
    • When an order is placed, I get an email from my shop to my email address advising of the order.
    • Sometimes (apparently when someone pays with PayPal) the order does not arrive in my inbox.  All other emails from my shop seem to arrive just fine.  Only PayPal seems to be a problem.
    • I have had a developer and my ISP look at this. I have confirmed that the order is definitely sent from woocommerce and I have confirmed the email is not in my junk folder in Outlook 2016.  My advice is there is probably some spam protection filter somewhere that is stopping the email from getting to me.  
    • I have no idea where to start to look for this, presumably server side.  I administer my own tenant but I don't have knowledge on where to find the appropriate settings or how to troubleshoot this problem.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Matt

Self Service BI Expert using Power Pivot http://exceleratorbi.com.au

Monday, April 23, 2018 1:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Matt Allington,

Things we want to confirm with you:
    1.How does this site send mails to your mailbox?
    2.Set this site send same mails to other mailboxes, whether it can send successfully?

If this site can send mails to other mailbox, we think this mail may be blocked by your server, you can take steps below to check whether those mails be blocked:
    1. Log In EAC, navigate to Protection > quarantine.
    2. Click on a message to select it and then click the Release Message icon as shown in the following screen shot.

3.You can also choose to report the message to Microsoft, then click release and allow.

This article may be useful to you: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj200742(v=exchg.150).aspx  

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 1:55 AM