none
Customizing TS Web Access by Using Windows SharePoint Services Error " ""An error occurred while previewing the webpart". RRS feed

• Question

• Working on an issue,
    Were Windows server 2003 was recently upgraded to Windows Server 2008 Enterprise edition SP1
    Which had sharepoint intalled on it and its been working fine after upgrading as well.
    There are multiple Terminal server in he environment, which has remote apps installed on it.
    The machine which was recently upgraded i installed TS web access on it along with TS remote app.
    And followed the technet article http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc771354(WS.10).aspx#BKMK_NETFramework to Customizing TS Web Access by Using Windows SharePoint Services.

Followed all the step by step guide thoroughly.

Now the issue is when i add a webpart to the Windows sharepoint services site.
    With the following steps,

Add the TS Web Access Web Part to the Web Part Gallery for the site. To do this, follow these steps:

In the upper-right corner, click the Site Actions tab, and then click Site Settings.
    Note 
    If the Site Settings menu does not expand, you may have to refresh the Web page or log on to the site again to view the settings.

Under Galleries, click Web Parts.

Under Web Part Gallery, click New.

In the list of Web Parts, select the check box next to Microsoft.TerminalServices.Publishing.Portal.TSPortalWebPart. (This is the TSPortalWebPart.webpart file.)

Near the top of the page, click Populate Gallery.

The TSPortalWebPart.webpart file should be listed in the Web Part Gallery.

Now the last steps says that ( TSPortalWebPart.webpart file should be listed in the Web Part Gallery ) but we are getting the error i.e. "An error occurred while previewing the webpart"

We checked all the setting in IIS and the directories locations still when we try to view the webpart i get the message ""An error occurred while previewing the webpart".

Needs help on this !!
    Any question always welcome.

• Moved by Troy Hopwood [MSFT] Thursday, October 1, 2009 6:56 PM Not a SharePoint Online Question (From:Microsoft Online: SharePoint Online)
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 5:28 PM

All replies