none
How to show multiple calendars in "Outlook Today" ? RRS feed

• Question

• Outlook 2013 - Office 365 Exchange

How can I show more than one Calendar's appointments in Outlook Today? I searched but could not find anything. Perhaps the html code can be modified? How exactly? There must be someone else who did this before.

Thank you.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 3:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• This's one of the limitations of the to-do bar Calendar in Outlook 2013. Only shows today's appointments. Designed by hard code. We've receive many feedback from our users to improve the function and hope developer would fix it in next service package.

Same topic thread: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/officeitpropreview/thread/b63c00a5-1886-435e-8f47-166eed1e72c9

Thanks for your attention.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

Friday, March 22, 2013 2:23 AM
  • Tony,

Thank you for your reply. However...

My post is about "How to show multiple calendars in Outlook Today". The thread you mention (that I did see before I posted my question) is called "Outlook 2013 To-Do Bar Appointments with only one Day????" and states "The Outlook 2013 Preview To-Do Bar show only Appointments from current day. No overview over the appointments of the next day".

Is this really the same issue? From the thread titles I would say no.

I want to see more than one of the many calendars I have defined in Outlook on my Outlook today page. I don't think this is the same issue as described in the other thread.

Hopefully, if this is a yet another limitation it will be fixed soon (along with the one mentioned in the other thread).

Thanks for your help.

Friday, March 22, 2013 3:05 AM
  • Sorry for my delay responding.

Now I know what do you point. Whatever you use Office 365 Exchange account and click the [Mailbox - Your name] in Navigation Pane or click name of the .pst file, Outlook Today only shows the default calendar. This is by design and not way to show multiple calendars from here.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

Thursday, March 28, 2013 9:09 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

Monday, April 1, 2013 2:16 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

1. No. It wasn't helpful.

2. Yes, you can be of further assistance. Please get a member of the Office team to respond back as to when this new "feature" will be removed from the product. That's what you can do to provide further assistance. Thank you!

• Proposed as answer by Ed 72 Thursday, June 29, 2017 4:14 AM
    Monday, April 1, 2013 2:10 PM
  • Tony,

YOU have been helpful, but the answer is disappointing. I cannot believe this is 'by design'. There must be a way to modify the HTML of the homepage.

I have a related problem, perhaps you can help: on my home computer (Office 2013 Pro) the check box "Show homepage by default for this folder" is enabled and I can see the "Outlook today" page. But on my office computer (Office 365 ProPlus) that checkbox is disabled. My guess the reason is that folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\1033 does not exist on my office computer. If I am right then why is that? How can I fix this?

Thanks.

Monday, April 1, 2013 2:50 PM
  • Hi,

Outlook Today page only shows calendar tasks related to default store only. This is how this product has been designed. There is no way to change the behavior.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Friday, April 5, 2013 3:32 AM
  • I've documented a way to do this, please visit

outlooktoday.webs.com. 

In my version of the customized outlook today screen, I am displaying 4 calendars side-by-side along with about 20 inboxes.

• Proposed as answer by tracyeg Sunday, February 9, 2014 6:23 PM
    Sunday, February 9, 2014 6:23 PM
  • Interesting. Modifying the key easily works as tracyeg shows. So, in essence, Microsoft is flat-out lying to us when they say "There is no way to change the behavior".

• Edited by ABCFED Monday, February 10, 2014 3:35 PM
    Monday, February 10, 2014 3:34 PM
  • Does this work for Outlook 2010?
    Sunday, December 13, 2015 7:49 PM
  • Hi Microsoft Team,

I understand this is a tool limitation, but an answer "this is by design" always is the worst answer to customers. I would like to know in this forum, what is being done to fix this. Also, if you have no legitimate answer to this, I am sure I will stop using outlook from next year (for this year I already paid 4000 INR :) )

Thanks for understanding.

Varun Gulati

Friday, July 6, 2018 2:53 AM
  • Microsoft Team,

You should address this limitation. The inability to see multiple calendars in To Do means people cannot see both home and work calendars at the same time. Outlook is not conducive to work-life balance. My friend briefly considered Outlook for her new business but is now going with Gmail/Google Cal in part because of this reason-- she used Outlook at her old job and we both HATED this, and we both missed/double scheduled appointments because of this problem. If I ever start my own business, I will not use Outlook because I want to use a product that helps me know when I have to leave work early/stay late etc. A calendar product that doesn't fulfill the basic function of letting me know when I am busy is useless. Work-life balance is becoming an increasingly important in the US, and a product that doesn't accommodate that will lose customers to products that do. Fix this, please.

Monday, August 27, 2018 2:08 PM
  • in the paths, you put \\iCloud\ITS in the reference <g class="gr_ gr_60 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="60" id="60">html</g>.  How do we find the paths to our calendars?

Saturday, February 16, 2019 5:29 PM