1. Created a new contact in iPhone.
2. Sync the iPhone with Outlook 2007 through iTune.
3. The newly synced contact appears in the Contacts of Outlook 2007.
4. Compose new email in the Outlook 2007. Click "To:" field to select email address from Contacts.
5. The synced contact does not have email address. Click "Properties", the following message appears: "The Properites dialog box cannot be displayed. An invalid ENTRYID was passed in".
6. If export the contacts to a file, the re-import back in, contact will have email address and "Properties" works.
Syncing with Outlook 2003 and earlier are fine.
You can hate the Apple, but don't screw us, your customer.
The problem appears to stem from a corrupt ENTRYID MAPI property value for that contact record. This may be caused by the sync process or it may also be caused by an undocumented API that is called when creating a new contact.
For a large number of contacts, you can export your contacts to .CSV, and then reimport as suggested above. This may cause loss of Metadata (connections between different MAPI items in Outlook) but the actual data that most users care about (i.e. the Contact Records themselves) will be intact and functional.
For a small number of contacts, perform the following steps on each record. You can do it on a large number, be aware that this is time consuming and is manual for each record. There is NO loss of Metadata with this method:
1) Open the contact record in Outlook
2) Blank out the "Display As" field for the email address
3) Tab or click in any other field for that record
4) The "Display As" field should automatically regenerate
5) Edit the regenerated text if you choose
6) Save & Close the contact record
I have the same problem with all my contact transfer to my Outlook 2003 from my Iphone "the properties dialog box cannot be displayed an invalid entryid was passed in" and most of my contacts only have name and phone number; no email address. I tried using scanpst.exe but no luck.