none
Cannot send emails in Outlook 2007. I do receive emails

Question

• On both my XP and Windows 7 computers I can no longer send emails.  I am using Outlook 7 on both PC's.  It seemed to happen bout the same time ... bout 2 weeks ago.  I've tried to delete the profile as other discussions have suggested but it does not work.  I get no error message ... just loops on trying to push emails out of the Outbox (sending message 1 of x .... preparing to send).

When I test it from email accounts it just says it can't reach the smtp server - smtp.comcast.net.

Friday, July 23, 2010 2:17 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for using Outlook IT Pro Discussions forum. 

First, I would like to confirm if you can send emails in the web mail. If cannot, this issue is related to the comast.

Also, there is a KB article on how to troubleshoot this issue. You can also try the suggestions to see if it helps:

How to troubleshoot e-mail messages that are stuck in your Outbox

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/262052

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com  

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Thursday, July 29, 2010 3:56 AM
    Monday, July 26, 2010 2:15 AM

All replies

• Have you changed your password recently?  You are not getting any error messages or NDRs?  It might be best if call comast for support.
    Tim Harrington - Catapult Systems - http://HowDoUC.blogspot.com
    Friday, July 23, 2010 2:22 AM
  • Nope ... haven't changed my password.  I called Comcast last week and they just put me through the motions verifying my mailbox settings.  Then said I need to call Microsoft support.

I suppose I could open a case for this knew this is the best way to go first.

NDR's ... I suppose you mean non-delivery reports?  Where would I find them or other Outlook error logs?

Friday, July 23, 2010 3:32 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for using Outlook IT Pro Discussions forum. 

First, I would like to confirm if you can send emails in the web mail. If cannot, this issue is related to the comast.

Also, there is a KB article on how to troubleshoot this issue. You can also try the suggestions to see if it helps:

How to troubleshoot e-mail messages that are stuck in your Outbox

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/262052

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Thursday, July 29, 2010 3:56 AM
    Monday, July 26, 2010 2:15 AM
  •  

Hi,

I am writing to see how everything is going with this issue. Is the problem resolved? If there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 9:16 AM
  •  

Hi,

As I have not heard from you for several days. I will go ahead and close this thread. If this issue is not resolved or you have any questions, please feel free to reply to us and this thread will be re-opened.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

Thursday, July 29, 2010 3:56 AM