none
Outlook with exchange profile keep prompt up asking for password? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi expert,

I have exchange 2016 deployed, configured outlook 2010, but it keep ask for password everytime i open the outlook 2010 from my pc. but i have unchecked the prompt for credential from the profile settings, but it still does keep pop up asking for password? i have tried re-create my outlook profile but still same. any advise? much appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards,

Clare

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 11:46 AM

All replies

• Have you configured Kerberos authentication on the Exchange 2016 server(s)?

-Eric

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 6:18 PM
  • Hi Clare,

Does your PC join to the domain?

Does Outlook keep poping up for credential when you use Outlook, or only when you open it you need to login every time?

Do other users in your organization have the same issue?

What protocol do you use for internal and external connection? MAPI/HTTP or Outlook Anywhere?

You can use the following command to check if MAPI/HTTP is enabled for your organization:

get-OrganizationConfig |fl MapiHttpEnabled

And the following command can help you check the MAPI over HTTP configuration:

get-MapiVirtualDirectory |fl

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, July 3, 2019 7:53 AM
  • how many users are impacted? if the prompts are for multiple users then it could be global settings?

is this domain join system? what is the behavior outside the domain (workgroup)?

how outlook is connecting to your exchange? scplookup or rootdomain or httpredirect?

Regards,

Akshay

Wednesday, July 3, 2019 11:18 AM
  • Hi Lydia, please refer below reply text:-

Does your PC join to the domain? - Yes

Does Outlook keep poping up for credential when you use Outlook, or only when you open it you need to login every time? - Only when I open it then I need to enter password every time.

Do other users in your organization have the same issue? - I have yet deploy this to other users

What protocol do you use for internal and external connection? MAPI/HTTP or Outlook Anywhere? 

You can use the following command to check if MAPI/HTTP is enabled for your organization: - yes it is enabled.

get-OrganizationConfig |fl MapiHttpEnabled

And the following command can help you check the MAPI over HTTP configuration:

get-MapiVirtualDirectory |fl

Out put are as per below:-

IISAuthenticationMethods        : {Ntlm, OAuth, Negotiate}

MetabasePath                    : IIS://contonso.com.my/W3SVC/1/ROOT/mapi

Path                            : D:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\FrontEnd\HttpProxy\mapi
    ExtendedProtectionTokenChecking : None
    ExtendedProtectionFlags         : {}
    ExtendedProtectionSPNList       : {}
    AdminDisplayVersion             : Version 15.1 (Build 1591.10)
    Server                          : CONTONSO
    InternalUrl                     : https://contonso.com.my/mapi
    InternalAuthenticationMethods   : {Ntlm, OAuth, Negotiate}
    ExternalUrl                     : https://contonso.com.my/mapi
    ExternalAuthenticationMethods   : {Ntlm, OAuth, Negotiate}
    AdminDisplayName                :
    ExchangeVersion                 : 0.10 (14.0.100.0)
    Name                            : mapi (Default Web Site)
    DistinguishedName               : CN=mapi (Default Web Site),CN=HTTP,CN=Protocols,CN=CONTONSO,CN=Servers,CN=Exchange
                                      Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Groups,CN=CONTONSO,CN=Microsoft
                                      Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=contonso,DC=com,DC=my
    Identity                        : contonso\mapi (Default Web Site)
    Guid                            : 291ff5c0-79cb-4143-a669-1d9f71c5c1a9
    ObjectCategory                  : contonso.com.my/Configuration/Schema/ms-Exch-Mapi-Virtual-Directory
    ObjectClass                     : {top, msExchVirtualDirectory, msExchMapiVirtualDirectory}
    WhenChanged                     : 4/16/2019 5:32:24 PM
    WhenCreated                     : 3/20/2019 10:49:25 AM
    WhenChangedUTC                  : 4/16/2019 9:32:24 AM
    WhenCreatedUTC                  : 3/20/2019 2:49:25 AM
    OrganizationId                  :
    Id                              : contonso\mapi (Default Web Site)
    OriginatingServer               : dc01.com.my
    IsValid                         : True
    ObjectState                     : Changed

• Edited by min777 Thursday, July 4, 2019 5:59 AM
    Thursday, July 4, 2019 5:57 AM
  • Hi,

What windows operating system do you use?

When you enter the password next time, please click "Remember my credentials":

If "Remember my credentials" is already enabled, maybe the saved password doesn't work anymore and remove the credential from Generic Credentials. When you log into your PC, the domain account and password should be authenticated and saved to log into Outlook.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, July 5, 2019 9:12 AM
  • Hi Lydia,

My PC are running on Window 7 Pro 64bits.

I did ticked "remember my credentials" every time I open outlook it pop up asking for my credential.

Is there a way to check if the domain account password are authenticated and saved into the outlook?

please advise.

Thanks.

Saturday, July 6, 2019 12:50 PM
  • Hi,

Here is an article about password prompt at every Outlook start and "Remember my credentials" option doesn't: Password prompt at every Outlook start or can't create profile. Please check and make sure "Allow Office to connect to the Internet" is selected in Outlook.

When you choose "Remember my credentials", the account and password you entered in Outlook will be saved in Credential Manager. Maybe the saved credential doesn't work, try to clear the credential of your account from Control Panel. Then open the outlook and select "Remember my credentials" again.

Please make sure you are using the latest version of Outlook. Try to clear the credential and restart your PC to check if the issue persists.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 8:17 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update on this thread?

If you have solved your problem, could you share with us? Maybe it will help more people with similar problems. 

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Monday, July 15, 2019 2:05 AM