none
None deleted emails showing in 'Recover Deleted Items' RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, we are using O365 and currently I have Outlook 1803 (9126.2315). We have been having some weird issue with the latest rollout of O365 on Monthly channel and although this doesn't only relate to that, I have come across an oddity.

If I go to Deleted items and choose 'Recover items recently removed from this folder' it shows a massive list of emails. I generally don't delete emails so found this a bit weird, however looking into it a bit more I have noticed that mails show in here that have been moved either manually or by a rule into another folder.

Is this by design?

• Moved by Steve FanModerator Friday, November 23, 2018 9:04 AM move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Thursday, November 22, 2018 2:57 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>>I generally don't delete emails so found this a bit weird, however looking into it a bit more I have noticed that mails show in here that have been moved either manually or by a rule into another folder.

Can you still see the original email message in the destination folder you moved the email to? Is the message indeed got deleted?

Theoretically, only items you deleted from the Deleted Items folder or deleted via Shift+Delete will show up in the Recover Deleted Items folder. See this article: Recoverable Items folder in Exchange Server to know more about what are stored in the Recoverable Items folder.

May I know how you created a rule or manually moved emails in your Outlook? Do you have any rules or configurations set to move your emails to other delivery location, maybe a local PST file?

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, November 23, 2018 9:04 AM
  • Just wanted to say hi and check if there is anything that I can do for you on this problem. If so, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
    Steve Fan 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, November 26, 2018 8:19 AM