none
PDF to Word.doc Converter and vice versa

Question

• Hello!

I am in need of a program capable to convert PDF files to Word documents and vice versa (eventually, a program for each way). The converter needs GUI and must handle images, tables etc. (not just plain text). Does anyone have any tip concering which program I should use? It has to be free as my working place has not budgeted with buying 100 licenses. :-)

Thanks in advance!

Monday, October 25, 2010 12:37 PM

Answers

• Free? You'll be lucky. Your best bet to achieve your requirements is a PDF compatible OCR application such as Finereader. Free it ain't!

<IKT-kr> wrote in message news:1f881d23-24b6-4a03-8eb4-b55c27037081@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Hello!

I am in need of a program capable to convert PDF files to Word documents and vice versa (eventually, a program for each way). The converter needs GUI and must handle images, tables etc. (not just plain text). Does anyone have any tip concering which program I should use? It has to be free as my working place has not budgeted with buying 100 licenses. :-)

Thanks in advance!

Graham Mayor - Word MVP
    www.gmayor.com
    Posted via the Communities Bridge
    http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/
    Monday, October 25, 2010 2:35 PM

All replies

• Free? You'll be lucky. Your best bet to achieve your requirements is a PDF compatible OCR application such as Finereader. Free it ain't!

<IKT-kr> wrote in message news:1f881d23-24b6-4a03-8eb4-b55c27037081@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Hello!

I am in need of a program capable to convert PDF files to Word documents and vice versa (eventually, a program for each way). The converter needs GUI and must handle images, tables etc. (not just plain text). Does anyone have any tip concering which program I should use? It has to be free as my working place has not budgeted with buying 100 licenses. :-)

Thanks in advance!

Graham Mayor - Word MVP
    www.gmayor.com
    Posted via the Communities Bridge
    http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/
    Monday, October 25, 2010 2:35 PM
  • Tenorshare PDF Converter is a 5-in-1 PDF utility which helps you batch or partial  convert PDF files to editable Word , or converts Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, Excel Spreadsheets to PDF files at one time
    Monday, March 07, 2011 8:10 AM
  • I agree completely with Graham Mayor's answer.

I am writing just to clarify that there is no perfect program to convert to-from pdf and Word. The aims of the two file types are different. You will get results similar to what you get when you translate from one language to another to another and then back to the original using different translators.

This gets compounded by the problem of what the source of the pdf file, itself, is. If it was scanned and then converted to text through OCR, there are likely to be errors contributed by that process. If it was produced by Acrobat or Word, from a Word file, the text, at least will be OK.

Any document produced by conversion to word will have formatting anomalies. These may not be apparent to anyone simply reading the text or a printed version. The idea of conversion is to produce something that looks the same, not something that can be edited simply.

Charles Kenyon Madison, WI

Wednesday, July 09, 2014 12:27 PM
  • As a programmer, I use free .NET PDF converter for this purpose.It  does not only allow users to batch convert PDF file to editable Word file, but also enable users to convert PDF to most commenly used foramts as TIFF, HTML ,etc .More features can be found by http://www.nuget.org/packages/FreeSpire.PDF/  .Hope it can help someone in need.

kind regards.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 8:20 AM