Blog comments not working RRS feed

• Question

• We recently restored a backup of our blogs due to a silly mistake by the admin (me). Everything seems to be back up and running except for the Comments section on our blog posts. The links are there but clicking them does not allow us to add comments it just says there are none.

This used to work fine. Any ideas on how one would enable comments on blog sites? Thanks!
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 3:57 PM

Answers

• I had the same problem. At that time, I had to use SharePoint Designer to edit the SharePoint code. A good place to start would be to create another blog site and use the code from that site into your site that needs to be fixed. Once you copy the code make sure to replace the View and ListID with appropriate GUID's. Let me know if you need more help.
    • Marked as answer by Lu Zou-MSFT Friday, August 21, 2009 9:24 AM
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 8:39 PM

All replies

• I had the same problem. At that time, I had to use SharePoint Designer to edit the SharePoint code. A good place to start would be to create another blog site and use the code from that site into your site that needs to be fixed. Once you copy the code make sure to replace the View and ListID with appropriate GUID's. Let me know if you need more help.
    • Marked as answer by Lu Zou-MSFT Friday, August 21, 2009 9:24 AM
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 8:39 PM
  • Good clue. I created another site and comments work there. I'm having trouble figuring out the difference between the two. How do you compare 2 sites and figure out how to enable comments?

Friday, August 14, 2009 1:11 PM