Delete large Outbox file in Outlook 2007????

• Hi- I have a large file in my outbox in outlook 2007 that i just cannot delete. I accidently tried to send a file that was way too large for my email server. Now that's it's in my outbox i CAN NOT delete it and it means that i can't send anymore emails!

Can anyone help?
    Thanks in advance.
    Friday, October 26, 2007 11:03 AM

All replies

• Friday, October 26, 2007 6:59 PM
  • Sorry mate but that didn't work..... any other suggestions?
    Saturday, October 27, 2007 12:39 AM
  • Can you move it to the drafts folder and delete it from there?

Might need to cancel send/receive

Saturday, October 27, 2007 11:57 AM
  • Hi- I don't know why, but i restarted the computer with outlook being offline and the network turned off and this let me delete the file!
    THanks veyr much for your help.
    Sunday, October 28, 2007 12:07 AM
  • Edhope, thanks for info worked for me too.

Thursday, June 26, 2008 9:12 PM
  • Hello there,

Just disconnect the internet, wait 1 minute. then u can delete without issue.

Good Luck.

Friday, May 20, 2011 2:11 PM
  • i found a very simple solution regarding deleting old big attachment email, experimented accidently.....

go to File

press Save As... (but donot save)

press cancel....

go to that big email....& delete...

done :)

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:56 PM
  • IT WORKS .

Saturday, June 09, 2012 10:39 PM
  • close down outlook, disconnect the internet, go to the very bottom left hand side of the screen, and click on the start icon, type in the search box "outlook", hit the more search results, find the file that is causing the problem, open the file, delete the attachments, remove the recipients name, close it and say no to save, this will remove the file and free up outlook.

Seasons Greetings

Monday, December 22, 2014 11:27 PM
  • Wow, how simple this was!  And it worked perfectly. No muss no fuss. THANKS SO MUCH!

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 3:43 PM