none
Outlook.com contacts shows the wrong birthday on my MacBook Air (MacOS) laptop RRS feed

• Question

• This issue can be reproduced on multiple Macs that I own and I am confident that this is a problem not specific to my hardware but is affecting all Outlook.com users that use Apple Mac devices.

I am running the most current version of macOS Mojave v10.14.6 on my MacBook Air. 

I set up my Outlook.com account using the Exchange (EWS) protocol so that I can access my email, calendar, contacts, notes, and reminders on my Mac. 

Many of my Outlook.com contacts have birthday entries.

All such birthdays are shown up in the Apple Contacts app with an extra day added!

I understand that this same issue existed on iOS devices (i.e. iPhone & iPad) before, but got fixed recently (see this Apple HT article "If a Microsoft Exchange contact shows the wrong birthday on your iPhone or iPad" for more info). Indeed I personally had experienced this issue on my iPhone & iPad up until say 4-6 months ago. I now see that the issue went away with iOS 12.2.

I contacted Apple support for assistance. Upon further research/investigations at their end, they advised me that:

• iOS uses EAS Exchange Active Sync to sync Outlook.com data and the birthday issue was fixed by Microsoft (but apparently Apple incorporated some corresponding code fix in iOS 12.2 as well)
    • macOS uses EWS Exchange Web Services so the fix on iOS devices doesn't apply.

Apple advised that they could work with Microsoft on this issue but I would have to purchase a PPI (Pay-Per-Incident?) for $695 to get the ball rolling. 

Question: is this a know issue among other Mac users who use the Outlook.com services, and is Microsoft aware of this issue and is already working on a resolution partnering with Apple Inc?

Thanks for reading. 

Andy Yu.

Thursday, August 22, 2019 6:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Andy,

>>All such birthdays are shown up in the Apple Contacts app with an extra day added!

Thank you for visiting Outlook IT forum. Here we mainly focus on issues regarding Outlook desktop client. Does birthday information show correctly on the web mail? If issue only occurs on Apple Contacts app, I'd like to recommend you post this thread to Apple Support Forum for further research.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 23, 2019 2:05 AM