none
Disable From option for all the outlook clients in domain RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am facing a very critical security issue in my domain.

Any user can choose From option and send behalf of any other person email address.

In Owa its showing From but none of them cam sent behalf of any other person.

How do I disable the FROM option for all outlook clients ?

Please help me.

Thank you/

Shamnas

Thursday, April 18, 2019 10:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>Any user can choose From option and send behalf of any other person email address.

Do the users actually have correct permissions to send on behalf of other users? if they don't have send on behalf permission on others, they should not be able to send mails on behalf of them.

As far as I know, in Outlook client, the From drop-down menu will show up when you have more than one accounts added in your Outlook profile. We can disable the 'Show From' button on Outlook ribbon, however, we cannot disable the From drop-down menu when you composing a new message.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, April 19, 2019 4:55 AM
  • Dear Shamnas,

Just wanted to say hi and check if there is anything that we can do for you on this problem. If so, please do not hesitate to let us know and we will be happy to help.

Best regards,
    Steve Fan 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 22, 2019 1:34 AM