none
Visio 2019 equations RRS feed

• Question

• How do I insert an equation?

There is no equation in the insert tab.

I added to the quick access toolbar, equation editor, edit formula, and insert function. But every one of them is greyed out.

Thursday, January 10, 2019 11:21 PM

All replies

• Friday, January 11, 2019 6:32 AM
  • How do I insert an equation?

There is no equation in the insert tab.

I added to the quick access toolbar, equation editor, edit formula, and insert function. But every one of them is greyed out.

Hi,

By default, there is no equation feature in Visio applications (Visio 2016, Visio 2019 or Visio Online Plan2).

I tried to copy a equation from Word 2019 to Visio 2019, but it cannot be pasted in Visio text box.

It seems that the equation test is not supported in Visio 2019 version. I suggest you can use screenshot for equation as a workaround.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact: tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Friday, January 11, 2019 12:02 PM
  • Hi,

Any updates on the issue? If there is anything unclear about my reply above, feel free to let us know.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact: tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 9:59 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?
    If my reply is helpful to this question, please remember to mark it as answer. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Friday, February 1, 2019 1:55 AM
  • Using screenshots is a pretty lame workaround. When will Visio include a true, modern equation editor like Word?
    Wednesday, May 29, 2019 12:38 AM