none
Publisher 2007 and 2010 Error "There is not enough memory to complete this operation. To make more memory available, close other programs, and try again."

Question

• On a few different computers in my orgainzation I am recieving a memory error when trying to open a publisher calendar file. I recieve this error "There is not enough memory to complete this operation. To make more memory available, close other programs, and try again." when trying to open an MS Publisher file containing a calendar on a:

Windows 7 64bit machine with 8GB of ram MS Publisher 2010 and the computer manages the swap.

Windows 7 32bit machine with 4GB of ram MS Publisher 2007 and the computer manages the swap.

Thank you for your help.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 4:37 PM

Answers

• Just in case anyone else runs into this issue, this is what fixed it for me. I had to open the pulisher files on a windows xp computer with publisher 2007 and substitue the fonts. I switched the fonts to times new roman and I was able to open the files in windows 7 w/ publisher 2007 and 2010.

• Marked as answer by cydyby Tuesday, March 06, 2012 7:27 PM
    Tuesday, March 06, 2012 7:27 PM

All replies

• Please check if there is any security add-ins has been installed on the Publisher.

To check this issue, we can try the following:

1st, run Publisher in safe mode to determine if it could be caused by the 3rd-party add-ins. To do so, type MSPUB.EXE /safe in Run window and press Enter.

2nd, run Windows in clean boot mode to determine if it is caused by the 3rd-party services. To do so, refer to kb How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot

Max Meng

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:57 AM
  • I tried both suggestions above and recieved the same error each time.
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 10:56 PM
  • Just in case anyone else runs into this issue, this is what fixed it for me. I had to open the pulisher files on a windows xp computer with publisher 2007 and substitue the fonts. I switched the fonts to times new roman and I was able to open the files in windows 7 w/ publisher 2007 and 2010.

• Marked as answer by cydyby Tuesday, March 06, 2012 7:27 PM
    Tuesday, March 06, 2012 7:27 PM
  • I had this exact problem on a Windows 7 PC running Publisher 2007.  Some pub files would open, others wouldn't.  All files opened fine on other PC's with the same configuration.  The problem turned out to be a printer driver for the HP Designjet T1100 printer.  The older driver wasn't fully compatible with Windows 7.  It wasn't even the user's default printer, and it still created this issue.  Once I fully removed the driver (not just the printer) from the computer, Publisher opened all files just fine.  I updated the driver on the print server and reconnected the user to the printer and it continued to open all publisher files without issue.   

I would recommend anyone else experiencing this problem (assuming you don't have the Designjet T1100 installed), to remove all printer drivers except one you know to be up-to-date and Windows 7 compatible, and see if it resolves the problem.

• Proposed as answer by Higabill Thursday, April 05, 2012 7:19 PM
    Thursday, April 05, 2012 7:18 PM